For Sale Riverside CA: 1971 FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
red
* 1971 FJ40 with 2F, 4 speed manual floor mounted and 2 speed transfer case
* Front locking hubs; ARB air lockers for front and rear axles; ARB compressor in engine bay
* Small PVC air tank under the truck to air up tires; there's a quick disconnect at the front bumper
* Front diff has 4.88 while back diff has 4.11; plan was to change the front to 4.11 for better highway speed but never got to it; 3rd member 4.88 I removed comes with the sale
* 2 new Dick Cepek 35x12.5 tires; spare inside the cab
* Equipped with Saginaw power steering
* 4 wheel disc brakes
* Mallory distributor and IGN coil
* Weber 32/36 carb
* Recently installed electric pump because Nikki mechanical pump leaks but it has been rebuilt and comes with the sale
* Full size roll cage
* All external lights and gauges are working
* Equipped with under-body lights for night time wheeling
* Sony stereo and new stubby rubber antenna
* Thick underside steel plate that protects the transmission

Truck was purchased in 2006 and drove it from Las Vegas to CA. Used mostly around town and a couple of trips to Big Bear mountain. Lost interest in 2013 and placed it storage. Unfortunately it was an outside storage so paint got faded. Passenger seat is in very good condition but the driver seat has a tear. Rear folding seat is in very good condition and there's a sturdy lockable storage underneath it. There are minor surface rusts in the usual areas.
Engine is strong and fires up easy. Hesitates at an incline under hard acceleration but should able to rectify by adjusting the carb and/or putting back the mechanical fuel pump. Since I got it back late last year from storage, oil, filter and spark plugs have been replaced. Clean title with current registration, not to mention smog exempt which is big plus for Cali residents.

20230312_151725.jpg

20230312_151806_1.jpg

20230312_152102.jpg

20230312_153405.jpg

20230312_152707.jpg

Last edited:
Nice clean 40, looks like it should make someone happy. You may want to clarify a bit more about the gearing, differentials and lockers. The 4.11 rear diff installed doesn't appear to have an air line going to it, I'm assuming the ARB is in the 4.88 rear diff which is provided loose and the front 4.88 diff installed also has ARB locker?

Nice clean 40, looks like it should make someone happy. You may want to clarify a bit more about the gearing, differentials and lockers. The 4.11 rear diff installed doesn't appear to have an air line going to it, I'm assuming the ARB is in the 4.88 rear diff which is provided loose and the front 4.88 diff installed also has ARB locker?
Thanks. Correct, ARB rear locker is on the 4.88 but the air hose is there. Locker for the front 4.88 is connected. I will post more pictures soon.

As promised for your viewing pleasure. Let me know if you guys need additional info and/or photos.

20230312_152246.jpg

20230312_152520.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom