ring gear? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From what I've come across it is the only solution. Marlin Crawler confirmed by phone this date (i bought the gears from them). Seems like they should have a notice on their web site.

Anyway a few pics and more comments over on the 60 forum. Bottom line if you go higher ratio than 4.11 you will need to grind on the ring gear to get clearance to install the cross pin.

At this time I know of no other proven solution. Just seemed crazy to have to grind on a gear set but that's the way it is.

Grinding away is the only way to make it happen. Make several passes until you've got enough off the tooth to just get the pin by.
:beer:.

Grinding away is the only way to make it happen. Make several passes until you've got enough off the tooth to just get the pin by.
:beer:.

My friend is setting up the differentials for me and he took just enough off to clear the cross pin. Just seemed kind of crazy at first. Kind of like being told to grind the piston down so it will fit in the block.

The only other solution I have found is to go to a Full Floater rear end, as there are no C clips needed you can install pin before you put ring gear on carrier.

I would like to have a "full floater" rear end setup, but that's not forseeable in the near future right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom