Richland road June 12th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Great ride today! How was 192/Roseboro road?

192 was nicely rutted, some of the side trails where blocked by large boulders, that was new. Campsite on Mortimer was nice, but nothing special about it. Then drove South on Brown Mountain Beach Rd, which I will now call "Hepatitis B Highway" based on the large crowd's appearance walking along the road, looking like very nice "swimming" holes all along this dusty crowded road.

Brown Mountains ORV area was closed due to forest fires, helicopters where overhead trying too put it out.

Headed east on Adako Rd to Collettsville, there's a nice General Store there with free air to air back up in no time, then headed home. Awesome way to spend a day.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Mortimer area
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey all, we had a blast. Would have liked to tour some more with @Izzyandsue but the kiddos were tuckered out. I've been watching that smoke at Pisgah for since last week. Didn't know if if was controlled or not.

@Steelman, are you running stock suspension? A guy at work has a stock '16 off road Tacoma and I might try to talk him into going up there, but I would feel bad if he busted it all up. Did you have any troubles?

192 was nicely rutted, some of the side trails where blocked by large boulders, that was new. Campsite on Mortimer was nice, but nothing special about it. Then drove South on Brown Mountain Beach Rd, which I will cal now Hepatitis B Highway based on the large crowds along the road, Mllooking like very nice "swimming" holes all along this dusty crowded road.

Brown Mountains ORV area was closed due to forest fires, helicopters where overhead trying too mount it out.

Headed east on Adako Rd to Collettsville, there's a nice General Store there with free air to air back up in no time, then headed home. Awesome way to spend a day.

View attachment 1274847 View attachment 1274848

Mortimer area
View attachment 1274849 View attachment 1274850

Sounds like a great second half of the day. I agree, the Mortimer campground is nothing to get excited about. The primitive sites on Roseboro Rd and 192 are much better.

Hey all, we had a blast. Would have liked to tour some more with @Izzyandsue but the kiddos were tuckered out. I've been watching that smoke at Pisgah for since last week. Didn't know if if was controlled or not.

@Steelman, are you running stock suspension? A guy at work has a stock '16 off road Tacoma and I might try to talk him into going up there, but I would feel bad if he busted it all up. Did you have any troubles?

Nice to meet you and your family. Really nice truck you have there as well!

I have a mild lift on my truck of about 1.5" and running 275/70r17 tires (32x10.5). The truck did fine but I did hit the step bars on my truck a couple of times so I would think a stock truck might rub a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom