Rewiring, Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Y'all,

Either due to a previous owner or industrious squirrel, my driver's side wiring harness is a rat's nest of shorts and crossed wires. Normally I'm not very impulsive but thanks to vodka tonics and a recently ex-girlfriend I did what any logical 1983 FJ60 owner would do. I took my garden shears and cut it out in a fit of blind rage. I'm not a smart man. I labelled all of my wires, but I'm having trouble figuring out a few of them. I'm desmogged running a Trollhole Carb, so I'm also deleting all of the extraneous wires and capping them inside the firewall to simplify the harness. I hope someone can help or I'm gonna be digging for wires forever!

First:
view
IMG_20170920_113030.jpg
What's the White/Black wire @ the L Turn Signal?

Second:
view
IMG_20170920_112253.jpg
What's the Blue/Red wire @ the VSV?

Last edited:
Yes- All White/Black wires on your truck are ground wires.

@mwebfj60 - What is that wiring diagram you posted? That's not in the 84-90 Body/Chassis FSM.

Yes- All White/Black wires on your truck are ground wires.

@mwebfj60 - What is that wiring diagram you posted? That's not in the 84-90 Body/Chassis FSM.
That one is out of a Chilton's manual. Their wiring diagrams have been accurate so far.

That's nice. Toyota has a sneaky wire color designation for blue wires on their diagrams. A Blue/Yellow wire is labeled "LY". I guess "L" represents "Light Blue" since black wires get the "B" label.
That gets confusing. I like the Chilton labels better.

That's nice. Toyota has a sneaky wire color designation for blue wires on their diagrams. A Blue/Yellow wire is labeled "LY". I guess "L" represents "Light Blue" since black wires get the "B" label.
That gets confusing. I like the Chilton labels better.

Right!? The toyota manuals can be less than helpful until you start learning their language... I need to try out the chiltons.

White/black should be a ground.[/QUOTE

@mwebfj60 - Do you know if the 'white/black' color code mean that it is constant ground? I've spliced in all my wires, and I'm waiting for my dual battery system and aux relays to arrive. I'd love to organize the electronics into a more cohesive, simple, and organized condition before I re-do the whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom