REVIEW: FullyLitLED 200 Series Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks for everyone's patience, I know there has been a lot of interest in these and FullyLit has been waiting on my review to ship anything out. Definitely appreciate the attention to detail and Lennard's focus on creating an excellent product for the community.

When we first started chatting about this kit the one thing I really wanted to see addressed was the dismal cargo area lighting in the 200 series. Spoiler alert, this kit delivers!

Stock Lights - Second Row.jpg

My next biggest gripe about the LX is it comes from the factory with mis-matched lighting. What the heck!! The map lights are nice white LEDs, but everything else is incandescent and it drives me nuts. Matching the color temp of the stock LED's was also something I was hoping to achieve.

Stock Cargo Area.jpg

Stock Third Row/Cargo Area overhead light. Pretty dismal output.

Stock - Puddle.jpg

I don't think anyone would blame you for not realizing the LX has puddle lamps, they are so weak they don't contribute much of anything.

LED - Puddle.jpg

Now this is starting to look a bit better!

LED Outside All On.jpg

I tried to take these at dusk but the sun was up earlier than expected, but even with some pretty bright morning light you can see these things are a huge improvement over stock. The two LED panels in the cargo area are amazing.

Last edited:
LED - Rear with Cargo Light Off.jpg

Even with the (previously completely useless) side lamp off the cargo area is MUCH brighter.

LED - Rear Cargo Light On.jpg

Turn the (now VERY functional) side lamp on and WOW. Massive improvement over stock. The cargo area went from being the area with the worst illumination to the brightest.

LED - Interior from rear.jpg

A shot from further back to show the whole vehicle lit up. This photo and the two above are the best examples of what the real world color temperature of the light output looks like.

LED - Second Row.jpg

The light looks warmer in this photo than it does in person but the light output in the second row is excellent and matches the stock LED map lights perfectly. On the LX (I can't speak to the LC) the stock map light is a bulb that pokes out into a roughly 1" x 2" cavity that is about 1.5" deep. The replacement for the middle row lamp is a bulb adapter with an LED panel. There is also a plastic guide that sits between the lens and the housing that prevents light bleed between the dome and map lights. You could just let the panel sit on top of the lens but it might rattle around. I initially thought to add a block into the center cavity to attach the panel to but ended up just making a little plastic bridge across the center inset of the light guide part and using the included adhesive backing of the panel to attach to this. My light is nice and centered and won't be moving or rattling. There are probably 100 different ways to secure this panel just something of note as you prepare for the install.

LED = Front Seats.jpg

The front row is smallest increase in lumen output, however I find it to be perfect. The stock LED map lights are already plenty bright and this kit is just replacing the two bulbs in the "dome" light section with LEDs. The color output now matches beautifully, the light output is plenty bright without being blinding. Part of my delaying this review was wanting to live with the LED's for a few days so I could really wrap my head around the day to day usability.

Overall I think the light output of the kit is balanced nicely and if anything the only thing I would change is actually decreasing the light output in the second row. (This is only because I have two small children and sometimes my wife is sitting between the carseats dishing out snacks or reading to one of the kiddos while another sleeps and the second row light might be a bit bright. Will just have to adjust to hitting the map light button vs the "wake the sleeping child with the light cannon" button.)

LED - Through Windshield.jpg

Not a great shot but another perspective of the light output. The stock lights probably wouldn't have provided any real noticeable illumination beyond the indirect sunlight. You can see even with a fair bit of daylight coming in these things really light the place up. The odd morning light was really causing some white balance issues with my phone causing the interior to look a bit jaundiced so use these for illumination reference only. The shots from the rear of the vehicle are pretty spot on if you want a good idea of what the color of the light output looks like in person.

Last edited:
LED - Outside  cargo.jpg

Final Thoughts: Lennard knows what he is doing. He listened to my complaints about the stock 200 series lighting and hit the nail on the head with this kit. After testing for a week I haven't come up with any negatives. No flickering as the lights fade on. Bulbs are all perfectly matched in color temp and output. Installation was great and parts were all highly quality.

I had tried to source several different LED festoon bulbs and adapters previously and they were all finicky with the Toyota bulb housings or so flimsy it was hard to install them without snapping them in two. The adapters included with the kit are robust and fit perfectly.

While I did get this kit for the cost of shipping plus my time to review it, I wouldn't hesitate to withhold a recommendation if I wasn't 100% happy with what was provided.

I have zero hesitation in fully recommending this kit!

Last edited:
Installed this kit by @FullyLitLED on my 2013 LC - 5000k in xenon white, very happy with results.

A solid and inexpensive upgrade to the platform. Highly recommended to anyone thinking of doing this.

How white at the 5000K ones. I find the "spot" lights to be pretty gross feeling, but I hate the overly yellow of the current interior. I know he/she sells a "warm" pack but just curious how the 5K looks.

What is the CRI of these? 80? What was the cri of the factory bulbs?
The factory bulbs were incandescent therefor the CRI on them is 100. I don’t know the CRI on these but I have do them installed and love all the additional light

How white at the 5000K ones. I find the "spot" lights to be pretty gross feeling, but I hate the overly yellow of the current interior. I know he/she sells a "warm" pack but just curious how the 5K looks.
Assuming the 5k are the standard “bright” from his original kits, they match the map lights pretty much perfectly. I’m definitely in the camp of “lights should be a little yellow” in my living space. (My house is full of the Phillips Hue Ambiance bulbs so I can get the color I like) and I don’t mind the 5k bulbs in my truck. Since the lights aren’t on all the time, it works to just have them all match. I havent seen the warmer kit to compare though, I bought mine before those were available.

Thanks for the review. I purchased these a while back and still have not installed.

Did you happen to get bulbs to replace the puddle lights in the bottom of the side mirrors?

Thanks for the review. I purchased these a while back and still have not installed.

Did you happen to get bulbs to replace the puddle lights in the bottom of the side mirrors?
I havent swapped mine yet, but need to. I have the Slee slider step lights now which are bright white like the interior, so they pretty much drown out the puddle lights, but they do look “dingy” compared to the LEDs.

I’d love to get a full set for my 19 LC

I have a 2013. When you install can you do some before after shots? Super curious on the warms.

To be honest its hard to capture the warm white in photos but I can tell you some people have saod the xenon was too strong on the eyes and swithced to a warm white kit and said the warm white kit was better on the eyes. If I was to describe warm white its like oem color but wayyyy brighter

Let me know if I can help with anything else :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom