Returning From Japan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi there, Rob Millson here, as Rob S said it’s fairly straight forward getting your rig through a provincial inspection and yours doesn’t look like it would need much. They’re mostly concerned with safety issues and as Cruiserpilot said you will have to do the LHD headlights to be compliant.
I have a small shop on my property in Chemainus and do repairs and restorations by appointment.
If I can help out you can PM me.
Thanks, Rob

PS, that Jimmny’s awesome!
Hi Rob..It's great to hear from you...especially since I'll be right in the neighborhood. I'm up at our farm at the moment but will PM you a bit later once the chores are all done....as if they ever are.

Just noticed in your sig the "Active vacation" option you have. I'm curious to see if it's the same curtains as I have on mine and do you have one of the many varied dealer installed camping kits?
All that s*** got ripped out years ago when the DMV changed the tax status of camping vehicles and basically tripled the yearly tax. Now, it's a "1" number work truck. The only remnants are sliding rear windows. I wish the previous owner would have kept all that stuff.

That's great news. I will be settling in Cobble Hill so perfect location. Is Rob online or is there a means of getting a hold of him? Cheers
I will pm you his number. He is on MUD as well.

I sent Barry a message, but he tends to hang out in Central America for winters. His brother in law
is Japanese. I believe his name is Ryo? I never quite got it right. They regularly import JDM.
Send him an email, I'm sure he would be willing to help, he speaks the language and his contacts are in Japan.
J Cruisers JDM Parts and Vehicles for Sale in BC Canada?

Barry and Ryo are awesome! I used to bring in a bunch of parts through them once per year, but Ryo lost his free storage in Japan, so I haven't brought anything in for a few years :(

Thank you guys. I will try to touch base with them early next week.

I've seen jimny's here and the internet gets you parts from everywhere and I often order out of Dubai. I imported a US truck and went through inspection - inspection primarily focuses on safety. Make sure all your windows function - a person has to exit in case of a collision, and you'll need daytime running lights, rubber has to be good etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom