Replacement Seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I love my new-to-me 2013 LC. But I have two issues; 1. The seats are like a lounge chairs, way to wide and soft for me especially to taking it off road. I would love to a more bucket-like seat that holds you in place when going off road. Has anybody replaced their seats and if so with what? 2. I cannot see out the rearview mirror. To make it functional I have to lower the seat back like a real lounge chair or bend my body otherwise it points to second row seats. Has anybody replaced their rearview mirror?

Not speaking from personal experience but I’ve seen a number of very positive posts on the Scheel-Mann seats. They look fantastic and what I’d get if I needed them. I’m okay in my 200 seat for now but my 80 seat is pretty rough and if I was using it more I’d get Scheel-Mann.

Good luck!

Jonathan Ward speaks highly of using BMW 7 Series seats in the 80 series they recently finished for Joe Rogan. I’m not sure how easily you can fit the seats in a 200 but sounds like it might be worth the effort...

The issue you'll run into is the airbags in the seats. You'd need to put in a resistor to avoid codes.

That said, Scheel-Mann are supposed to be the cat's ass. It would be interesting to see in a 200. Probably what I'll be going with. They aren't cheap though.

I recall seeing the Scheel-Mann seats installed in a 200 somewhere... I believe a custom mounting solution is required.

I called about 8 4x4 and racing shops to get Recaros or any other high end aftermarket seats installed in my 2017 Tacoma, and literally nobody would touch it with a 10’ pole. There is too much liability for a shop to do it, so you’d be on your own to figure it out. I went the route of having a custom upholstery shop put in custom foam and that made the truck 10x better and it only cost $200.

The airbag aspect is a really big deal. I have lots of custom seats (mostly Kirkey) but I don't delete airbags unless it is a true track-only car. The range of motion of the inside mirror is a pain. Easier to fix the mirror than change the seats. IMHO. The outside ones are pretty good. There are locks that will let you lock down the lap portion of the seat belt while allowing the shoulder belt to be inertial. CG-Lock I think. I have used them when I wanted a reversible, sometimes, alternative.

Also, since most of you guys don't venture to the 80-Series section.
Ward, Georg and company are now dealers for Scheel-Mann:

@OregonLC Did you replace your seats or am I making that up?

Chad replaced his seats with Recaros.

I have that recaro seat as my office chair. I couldnt find a seat with good lumbar support. At home I use a white Maserati chair, very comfortable!

Your mirror...???
The part of your post I don’t understand is the rear view mirror issue. You can’t see out the back without tipping your seat far back/down??No matter how bad your seat is...you should be able to tilt the mirror to easily accommodate. What's Going on there?? Did someone mount your mirror peg upside down or something???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom