replacement oem soft door weatherstripping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

this may work out a bit better for you guys.

this is the install inst from sor
door weather stripping pg1.jpg

door weatherstripping pg2.jpg

door weather stripping pg3.jpg

Thanks Johnny we can always count on you. The only think I might add since it going into winter is the warmer the area you do this the better out it going work. If you put it on warm it will shrink to a tight fit. If you put it on cold it will stretch in warm weather. I know it's a lot easier to install the top in hot weather, which we have no problem finding in the desert:rolleyes:

What are you guys doing for the weatherstripping on the forward triangle window?

I am pulling mine apart for refurb and paint, and am afraid I will shred the WS that is on there now when I pull it apart. Any trick to getting the window and WS out without the carnage?

Thanks

What are you guys doing for the weatherstripping on the forward triangle window?

Thanks

WHAT HE SAID X2... we all know these gaskets are unobtanium.. but i'm getting around to FINALLY restore my OEM soft doors and have the same question now.

ANYONE have a good solution to the triangle window weatherstripping replacement??

OH and 1 more question.. anyone know the specific size dimensions of the little screws that hold the channel in? if i remember they are pretty specific and hard to find. Thanx.

OH and 1 more question.. anyone know the specific size dimensions of the little screws that hold the channel in? if i remember they are pretty specific and hard to find. Thanx.

the screws are not a very common screw as you said...but...they were still available last i checked a fer years ago:

Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
9352013010 $0.80 $0.00 $0.64
OEM CANVAS DOOR SCREW,TAPPING

I did find a replacement at true value...but i had to take the grinder to the heads alil bit...no big deal since they are not seen

Just got my frames and weather strip channels back from paint, smelling like fresh marine grade vinyl;)

door1.JPG

door2.JPG

door3.JPG

Got the SOR W/S kit ready and the lexan is getting cut tomorrow:cheers:
door1.JPG
door2.JPG
door3.JPG

maybe a silly question :D

About the weather stripping for the factory soft doors...

The channel needs to be screwed in, and it is continuous..

How do you feed the seal in?

Well, what I did was first get yourself a bottle of silicone spray and a bag of plastic flatware knives.

And what I did was feed one side of the weather strip in, then take the flatware knife and stuff the other side in a tiny bit at a time. The silicone helps the process and makes it easier to jam it in with the plastic knife. The plastic knife is kinder and gentler to your freshly restored and painted weather strip channels

I've only done a little bit so far, it's gonna take for eeeeeeever:doh:

indeed :D

I bought a set of the door seals, even though they are pricey.
Thanks guys for bringing them to my attention :D

man... cannot wait till things are painted :D

Destin, did the SOR kit come with new weatherstrip channels? (I'm guessing not).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom