Replacement Leather: good sources online ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi There

I have a good shop near me who can replace my 199 LC 100 leather at a reasonable cost.

Where can i find good leather quality close to OEM color and quality ?

Thanks

Jay

I was reading some stuff posted by other Mudders a few weeks ago. Do a search for Lseat They make a kit that you can install or have a local upholstery shop install. It looked like a pretty nice setup.

I have an order in for LSeat. Will post photos..

I was reading some stuff posted by other Mudders a few weeks ago. Do a search for Lseat They make a kit that you can install or have a local upholstery shop install. It looked like a pretty nice setup.
Thanks a lot.

Would i need front and rear sets to match colors ?

I can't find it now as I'm booked, but search for Lseat threads and it specifies the colors and no I doubt you'd need to do both.

Thanks a lot.

Would i need front and rear sets to match colors ?

It will depend on how OCD you are. I ordered samples from Lseats, Leatherseats.com and looked at samples from Roadwire. NONE of them were exact matches. Colors are good, it's the leather grain. My original Toyota leather had a really small pebble grain finish. Maybe it was because it was worn over 17 years. The grain on the aftermarket leather is a larger pebble. In the least, I would replace both front seats as a pair. I know me, I wouldn't be happy without replacing both front and middle rows. Which is what I did. I went with the Roadwire kit, which you can order online and they will ship it to an authorized installer. You pay one price and it includes installation.

Just picked up my 2000 LC following a Roadwire install. Went for 3 rows with 2-tone install. Looks amazing - and will post pics soon.

It will depend on how OCD you are. I ordered samples from Lseats, Leatherseats.com and looked at samples from Roadwire. NONE of them were exact matches. Colors are good, it's the leather grain. My original Toyota leather had a really small pebble grain finish. Maybe it was because it was worn over 17 years. The grain on the aftermarket leather is a larger pebble. In the least, I would replace both front seats as a pair. I know me, I wouldn't be happy without replacing both front and middle rows. Which is what I did. I went with the Roadwire kit, which you can order online and they will ship it to an authorized installer. You pay one price and it includes installation.

I've seen yours and they look great!

Just picked up my 2000 LC following a Roadwire install. Went for 3 rows with 2-tone install. Looks amazing - and will post pics soon.

Hi There

Thanks a lot. When you can post some pics ?

Did you buy the leather in pre cut pieces as a kit or just a roll to be used by an installer ?

Hi There

Thanks a lot. When you can post some pics ?

Did you buy the leather in pre cut pieces as a kit or just a roll to be used by an installer ?

It would come as a pre sewn together kit that a shop would install. It would be extremely difficult and costly to have a shop take pieces of bare leather and make seats from scratch for you.

Ditto that. There are plenty of sewing shops that can do these seats, but finding the closest OEM leather is the challenge. So the vendors do a pretty good job of creating a product that a professional can install.

Even if it's a tad different, I would be happy. It beats a tear by a mile. My leather is approaching 18 years of age, not realistic to expect it to be perfect particularly with the Texas sun beating down on it.

The back story to all this is that automotive upholstery people, when professional, are worth their weight in gold.

I've found an excellent shop in the DFW area or I wouldn't be nearly as confident about this endeavor.

katzkin

When I inquired, Katzkin didn't have any 100 series options.

It would come as a pre sewn together kit that a shop would install. It would be extremely difficult and costly to have a shop take pieces of bare leather and make seats from scratch for you.

Which Leather color and finish did you choose from L seat ?

Would i still have the net in the back ( re-use the original one) ?

Attached my original passenger seat wearing out.....

IMG_9718.JPG

here's a shot of my 2 tone roadwire kit. went with brown and "desert" to match the tan interior:

File May 25, 9 52 55 PM.jpeg

I really like the result, and its a pretty good match for the oak/tan interior.

Mike

To anyone considering these kits, be sure to purchase some extra vinyl from the manufacturer so that you can get your center console covered as well. If you don't replace the console cover, the color and pebble grain won't match.

The Roadwire kit came with a vinyl cover & seatback pocket for the back of the front seats. I wasn't a fan of the pocket, I personally prefer the rear seat net. My installer got extra vinyl and recovered by seatbacks and reinstalled the nets.

Roadwire kit also has color matching door inserts with diagonal stitching that I didn't have installed. I prefered the stock, dark charcoal inserts.

Has anyone tried to " dye" the leather on some spots ? I did some search and good dyes with the right bonding agents seems to work.

check this :
Deluxe Leather Repair and Recolor Kit

Is this a good source for good dye kits ?

Has anyone tried to " dye" the leather on some spots ? I did some search and good dyes with the right bonding agents seems to work.

check this :
Deluxe Leather Repair and Recolor Kit

Is this a good source for good dye kits ?

I dyed my whole interior using Leatherique's products. In retrospect, having them color match a sample and then spot-treating would've worked better.

I dyed my whole interior using Leatherique's products. In retrospect, having them color match a sample and then spot-treating would've worked better.

Can you send some pics of youe dyed leather ?

They have color code by car model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom