Replacement for carb screen/filter

I'm starting the process of rebuilding my stock Aisan carb and the little filter/screen at the fuel inlet is toast. Are these available anywhere? or is there a suitable alternative?

This is a big reason I stopped running the stock as it was constantly getting plugged when little bits of crud would make there way in and clog everything.

Plan B: add a fuel filter right before the carb

IMG_20171210_212219.jpg

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
SILVER Star
Does your system not have a fuel filter? There should be one located passenger side near the charcoal canister.

It does, and it is clean. from what I can tell, the metal fuel line between the pump and the carb has some flaking on the inside. Or remnants of crap from before I cleaned the fuel system that have settled into the new fuel pump that occasionally work their way up and out. So the first filter doesn't stop the problem.

I ran the stock carb without that screen for a couple months, and it was a time bomb for getting clogged and left me limping down the road or completely stranded.

The troll hole I run now has the screen intact and is yet to have the same clogging issue

Top Bottom