Removed rs3000 alarm now truck won't start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I removed the rs3000 from my 93 fzj80.

I traced the harness to the six and eight pin connectors un hooked them and re plugged the stock connectors together, unplugged the 11 pin connector and re plugged the factory ends together. Then I traced the harness to the 8 pin light relay and unhooked the harness from that, the last two wires to detach had been spliced into the harness under the ignition. Since they were just spliced I repaired the wire with a piece of tape. The harness at this point is completely free and everything looks like it is hooked up properly. However when I try ed to start the truck it won't turn over. All of the lights work. I followed the installation instruction from slee. The only thing I could tell that was different was at the 8 pin harness for the light relay it was supposed to be spliced into the harness, but mine was plugged right into the harness itself. (Ie: it filled the 8th pin loccation) seeing no other option I just disconnected the entire wire from the connecter.

I have scoured the inter Web for any advice but have come up blank.

Any help will be appreciated

Removing the 11-pin adapter should have eliminated the alarm's method of interrupting ignition.

Time to get a wiring diagram and multimeter and start digging. Should be relatively easy.. only a few wires that need checking under where you removed the 11-pin adapter.

Removing the 11-pin adapter should have eliminated the alarm's method of interrupting ignition.

Time to get a wiring diagram and multimeter and start digging. Should be relatively easy.. only a few wires that need checking under where you removed the 11-pin adapter.

Thanks for the advice. I went back in with my multimeter to find that the 11pin connector was not seated properly (a little piece of tape was caught in between the pins) woo-hoo!!!! I like easy fixes. Started up with the first twist of the ignition.

Old thread, but adding a little info for future searchers. My son's 92 wouldn't turn over, so different symptom. I finally drove out to his place and we removed all Non-OEM wiring, which led us to the connector under the ignition. Here are some pictures that show where all these connectors are.

1. Driver's side kick panel. There are 3 connectors in here that need to be cleaned up.

2. Under the ignition. The alarm has a jumper with white connectors that is keeping these black connectors apart. This picture is after restoring it to OEM.

3. Splice points. The black wire that's dangling is a new wire we're running for a handsfree microphone. Not related to the alarm at all.

4. This is the flasher relay everyone is talking about.

Everything else is pretty easy to spot and clean up, I think. If it's wrapped in electrical tape, take it out or follow it back to a non-factory connector and remove that.

IMG_20191001_190049.jpg

IMG_20191001_190158.jpg

IMG_20191001_190141.jpg

IMG_20190930_174926_01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom