remote brake booster; an option? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you Military?
What do you play?..............and don't say "Skin Flute"...that is assumed;)
How were the fireworks?

EDIT: Trombone? Assume it is not "a rusty Trombone?":D

Ed

Not Skin Flute OR Meat Whistle. Just trombone...rust-free, at that. :grinpimp: I play w/the National Symphony. Big 4th of July concert at the National Mall every year...pretty fun. Got to play w/Taylor Hicks of American Idol :rolleyes:
Huey Lewis and the News was there, too...they were ok.

I couldn't see the fireworks during the show since they were behind us...I watched the broadcast on tv when I got home and they looked great. Turns out the guy who started the fireworks show some 20 yrs ago died this year. They put his ashes in one of the last rockets that went up. Cool way to go if you ask me.

Happy 4th!
-Craig

Here we are...........chatting in Tech:eek: I am a Band Geek, lousy Trumpet/cornet player, so I ended up playing Sousaphone.
A life-long buddy called and said his daughter was taking the train from D.C. to N.Y. to see the fireworks over the Statue of Liberty. Seems as though the FW in the Capitol did not wind her clock anymore;)

I'll bet your performance was great!!!

Ed

Here we are...........chatting in Tech:eek: I am a Band Geek, lousy Trumpet/cornet player, so I ended up playing Sousaphone.
A life-long buddy called and said his daughter was taking the train from D.C. to N.Y. to see the fireworks over the Statue of Liberty. Seems as though the FW in the Capitol did not wind her clock anymore;)

I'll bet your performance was great!!!

Ed

Heh...I dunno many good trumpet players willing to get their hands dirty on something like a 40! Prolly what led you to the Sousaphone :D
How long did you play before you decided you wanted to make $ and become a dentist? :hillbilly:

Back to tech, briefly. I saw, in another thread, you mentioning something about using a Harley T fitting for your brake line. Are they all 10mm? Is this similar to your's?
eBay Motors: CHROME BRAKE LINE TEE REAR FITTING FITS HARLEY FXWG (item 360067548761 end time Jul-11-08 12:16:04 PDT)

I've been trying to find a T fitting that had a mount like that and this seems to fit the bill...thanks for the info!
:beer::beer:

That is the fitting I used. Yes, it is 10mm. For the rear, I used a piece from a Chrysler MiniVan that was the flex hose, T fitting and nifty axle mount that bolted right up in place of the old 9mm Toyota fitting.
It really pays to have a little local autoparts store where there a couple of old farts who have sold parts for years. Guys who have to use their brains, not a drone-screen.

Ed

:beer:
4WDB.jpg
4WDB 008.jpg

short brake yoke rod

Ed, :wrench:got the adaptor and GM dual circuit installed this evening..........finally ...........overtime at work is killing my cruiser time:frown:had to grind a piece out of the rib and have brakes now after bench bleeding the GM master; everything fit well but still have to go with the cable throttle route to get the gas pedal hooked up; one problem; the 69 brake yoke rod is too short; although I adjusted it all the way out; well, I left about 1/2 inch threaded in the yoke and was just making a dry run:hmm:don't feel comfortable about unwinding it any more than that; any thoughts on longer yoke rods?; mine is about 3 1/4 inches; could probably use a 4 incher adjustable one........will post pix later this evening after get some chores done..........have a stock 79 2F with a grafted 69 pig body onto the 79 pig frame.....front disks rear drums............BTW the adaptor is awesome:clap::bounce::clap::beer::bounce2::beer::D

Lou

here are a few pix showing the cut on the rib to get the adaptor + master cyl flush with firewall <yellow>and the cut on the throttle plate to get the master to fit<red>....still need a longer yoke pin but short of getting a threated bolt and cutting it does anyone have an idea of a 4 inch or longer yoke pin?; can always cut a longer one down but not much you can do with one that is too short:frown: TIA; .........Ed; could not find any sae to metric flare adaptors this part of Alabama so went with an sae neck down to 3/16ths line reducer and used the toyota lines after flaring them:steer:

Lou
IMG_2620 2 master cyl install with cuts ..jpg
IMG_2619 GM master cyl install.jpg

Lou, it has been a while since I did that mod, but I think I did the same thing and just used an SAE fitting at the master:doh: Sorry I could not give you a heads up about that.
Cable linkage? Well I used the type that was cable-direct-to-carb and did not use a rod at all. So I am no help there:frown:

Ed

Glad you got it installed.:beer:

Heh...I dunno many good trumpet players willing to get their hands dirty on something like a 40! Prolly what led you to the Sousaphone :D
How long did you play before you decided you wanted to make $ and become a dentist? :hillbilly:

Back to tech, briefly. I saw, in another thread, you mentioning something about using a Harley T fitting for your brake line. Are they all 10mm? Is this similar to your's?
eBay Motors: CHROME BRAKE LINE TEE REAR FITTING FITS HARLEY FXWG (item 360067548761 end time Jul-11-08 12:16:04 PDT)

I've been trying to find a T fitting that had a mount like that and this seems to fit the bill...thanks for the info!
:beer::beer:

That's the one!!!:beer:

oops.......Ed; was refering to the push rod for the brake master....sorry about the confusion; was bouncing all over the place about the carb set up and the brake yoke rod........most I can get out of my brake push rod is 3 inches and would need about four inches of push rod to get things set up correctly; can always cut a longer one down..........any ideas?; TIA

Lou

Tomorrows project is to get the throttle cable hooked up

If there was such a thing as metric allthread, you might use that. I have a brake yoke out in the gay-raj that i'll go measure. I used the OEM pushrod on mine:confused:

Ed

OK, I have a pushrod that may fix your problem? It is currently screwed all the way into the yoke with no threads showing, IOW as far as i would feel comfortable with.
If you need it, I'll send it out on Tuesday.

Ed:beer:
Pushrod.jpg

Ed, :beer:wow...........that one will work; what is it out of?

Lou

A '40 I guess. It is just on the "parts shelf":wrench:

PM me your address again and I'll send it out on Tuesday.

Ed

I believe the application was for '74-'75 Corvette. I bought it for $75-80 at CarQuest.

Ed

Those corvette style masters are available with ports on both sides
Not shure from where came with a customers 57 chev dual master conversion
Off fleabay
And I'm glad to hear the toy mini master will work unboosted
Going to have to play with pedal ratio a bit more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom