remembering how the ecm is situated (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, its been lil bit since being on the site. Recently Ive had to remove the dash and all components to have my heater core rebuilt. Its been awhile since taking it apart that I have totally forgot how the ecm was situated behind the glove box etc. I have searched to no avail a picture of the positioning of the ecm etc. Any help or pics would be appreciated. Everything else seamed to fall in place from the drivers side through the middle of the series 80.
V/R
Pennywise

Above the glove box, bolted to the large instrument panel brace.

Last edited:
The love box is where I keep the boom stick. Moved the chat in 3,2,1…..

The love box is where I keep the boom stick. Moved the chat in 3,2,1…..
You should have quoted me before I edited it. :p

Found this: photo taken looking to the right, 1996 FZJ80 US passenger side footwell, glovebox removed (note: the fat yellow wire in the left side of the photo is not factory)

FZJ80 ECM location  .jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECM location factory amp amplifier glovebox

Last edited:
Found this: photo taken looking to the right, 1996 FZJ80 US passenger side footwell, glovebox removed (note: the fat yellow wire in the left side of the photo is not factory)

View attachment 2968737

Good catch. I forgot about the passenger air bag location on 95-97. The ECU is above the glove box on 91-94.

Actually it wasn't a catch, I was just labeling the photo as I didn't know whether or not there was a difference between model years, markets, etc..;)

Actually it wasn't a catch, I was just labeling the photo as I didn't know whether or not there was a difference between model years, markets, etc..;)

Very well. Good stumble upon then. :lol:

Thanks Guys, i forgot to mention that i have a 94 but I tried to put the ecm up above the glove box and the harness was making it difficult so I will try the fit to right side of the box like in the awsome photo from the Kernal. did tell ya how much a p.i.t.a it is to find a replacement heater core? I had an old school radiator shop re-build mine after an exhaustive search. cost the same as finding one @ 369.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom