Recommendations for Body work shop? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.birdothebird.com
Hi!

I found out I had a rear tire rack in storage for my FJ40 and I decided to get it restored and painted. I should be getting it back from the painting shop in a couple of days but I was told by the previous owner that the rack would not fit without modification. Something to do with the rear sill.
Any recommendations on where I should take my tire carrier to get it mounted/adapted to my FJ40?
I am also trying to mount a spare gas tank and skid plate that I also found in my storage btw.
I'm currently in Vancouver.

Thank you!

Wait until you get it back from paint before you start worrying about modifications.
Looks like you have 4 bolts in the rear upper quarter where the one hinge mounts.
Directly below that there should be 4 more for the lower hinge. Look inside the inner
rear corner and see is the factory plate is still there, should be easy to tell.
Down on the rear sill where all the rivets or bolt heads are is where the lower latch should
go. Are you sure you have all the proper pieces?

Steve at EBI offroad shop in Port Coquitlam can certainly help you there.

I'm assuming the tire carrier is a right (passenger) side mount? Looks more like a flat plate rather than tubular steel? If it's a factory tire carrier, you shouldn't need modifications, provided your truck was designed for the right side carrier.

If designed for the left side carrier, then yes, the catch at the sill is different.

But Steve and his gang will be more than able to sort that out for you.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom