Recommend a Cruiser Mechanic in your area (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have driven 1000miles from FL to Fort Worth Tx to have Mike Dajda with Dajda Automotive work on my cruiser. Highly recommend him. There is a serious lack of cruiser oriented shops in FL and the southeast in general.
Amazonia 4x4 in Jensen Beach, FL specializes in LC. Good work done there.

I have driven 1000miles from FL to Fort Worth Tx to have Mike Dajda with Dajda Automotive work on my cruiser. Highly recommend him. There is a serious lack of cruiser oriented shops in FL and the southeast in general.
You need to widen your search a tad. I'm obviously biased but there is an excellent Cruiser shop just north of the border
in Thomasville, GA. (approximately 30 miles northeast of Tallahassee)

Caveman Xchange
125 Davenport, El Paso, TX 79907
John Teran Operations/Owner
Omar Teran/ Lead Tech
(915) 630-3422 Cell
(915) 304-0411
Xchange39@hotmail.com
Complete Revival, Mechanical Drive line (Tranny,Transfer,Diff Rebuilds, Etc), Electrical, New & Used Parts, Body & Paint,Etc

Last edited:
Dave Khansari
owner of Certified Diesel Care in San Diego California
Diesel Repair in San Diego - Certified Diesel Care - ASE Certified
He's currently doing a full 12HT frame out rebuild for my FJ60. Everything, pistons, Gturbo, MLS head gasket, machining, injectors and pump service. One of the few or only Diesel shops in CA who knows your Toyota diesel and isnt afraid to work on it.
He also owns Certified Car Care which can do all your gasser Land Cruiser repairs and maintenance also.
Great people and good service. look them up.
Tell them Jake sent you, he'll know.
Best regards to you all, keep cruis'in
-Jake

Finally found a reliable shop. Samurai Motors in Las Vegas. Yoshi knows his stuff!

I have another one in mind to but havent taken my car there yet.

James Nunn
Northside 4x4
825 Lincoln Ave
Clovis, CA 93612

Has gone through both mechanical and rust repair on my 62. Honest, thorough, and fair.

For those of you with an automatic trans in Orange County Calif. I highly recommend Transmission Masters in Santa Ana 714-549-9414 Ron the owner really knows what he's doing. I had it rebuilt at 236K miles and it was just o.k. Ron just redid it at 495K miles and it runs perfect. He showed me the rebuild manual and explained how everything worked. After it was done he showed me all the replaced parts how they were worn. Labor was $1700 and parts on top of that. A good deal.

I have this gsheet "FJ60 Mechanics" that I created from the entries in this thread.
If you want to send me missing entries from this thread I'll be glad to add them to the sheet. Send me a message, don't post here, I'm not following this thread.

I also have this google fusion map of the data but google is shutting down fusion later this year and unless I figure out a way to use one of the other products the map will go away.

The map is not always up to date.

I have this gsheet "FJ60 Mechanics" that I created from the entries in this thread.
If you want to send me missing entries from this thread I'll be glad to add them to the sheet. Send me a message, don't post here, I'm not following this thread.

I also have this google fusion map of the data but google is shutting down fusion later this year and unless I figure out a way to use one of the other products the map will go away.

The map is not always up to date.

Awesome list! Thanks for making this quick sheet.

Looking for suggestions regarding revitalizing an 83FJ60. It is currently stored in AZ and needs work to get it road worthy (tune up, fluids, master choinder, rotary, tires) but the engin is in good shape - sat for a couple of years.
Would it be economical to perform work by AZ mechanic or CA mechanic; considering I live in CA.
Symantics:
1) repair in AZ
2) temp license and insurance - drive to CA
3) get it registered in CA / Emissions might be an issue - find local LA area mechanic

Your thoughts are welcome. Timing is this month. I would like to be driving my LC60 this month in Cali.

Your thought?

Winston

Looking for suggestions regarding revitalizing an 83FJ60. It is currently stored in AZ and needs work to get it road worthy (tune up, fluids, master choinder, rotary, tires) but the engin is in good shape - sat for a couple of years.
Would it be economical to perform work by AZ mechanic or CA mechanic; considering I live in CA.
Symantics:
1) repair in AZ
2) temp license and insurance - drive to CA
3) get it registered in CA / Emissions might be an issue - find local LA area mechanic

Your thoughts are welcome. Timing is this month. I would like to be driving my LC60 this month in Cali.

Your thought?

Winston
If registering in AZ is an option I would choose that. By all accounts CA is just not worth the headache with anything that isn't a prius or a tesla. If not then its always best to get the work performed locally I think. That way if you have issues you can bring it back to the same place. One way uhaul trailer isn't too expensive in the scheme of things IMO

Lots of travelling cruiserheads and many new owners would like to locate a reliable mechanic in their area, or know who to go to if they have a problem on the road.

It has been suggested that we try to establish a sticky thread for people to make personal recommendations for a mechanic they know well and with whom have done business.

Please provide:

City (or County) & STATE
Name of Mechanic
Phone number

Let's try to get some solid recommendations for our brother (and sister) Cruiserheads.

Mike S
Any recommendations in South Florida....Fort Lauderdale,Pompano? Thank you.

I know this is a older thread, but anybody in the Chattanooga, Tn area?
I just moved here and need a good mechanic for my 71' fj55

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom