Received two estimates for frame on restoration(FJ55) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
this is the second estimate that I have gotten at the same price. For $8,000, I would get the exterior painted and body work. That would including front floor pans and rockers...both provided by me. Take the windows out and replace with all new rubber, also provided by me as well as new window felt. He would gut the interior to paint and replace with a new headliner provided by me. he will remove the dash and restore the interior firewall as well.

How does this sound? We are talking about removing the tub so that we can paint the frame too. I do not have a price on that yet, but I am wondering if I should have the drivetrain pulled so I can have any leakes repaired so I can paint the motor, tranny and transfer case. I have no idea on how much any of that would cost.

this is the second estimate that I have gotten at the same price. For $8,000, I would get the exterior painted and body work. That would including front floor pans and rockers...both provided by me. Take the windows out and replace with all new rubber, also provided by me as well as new window felt. He would gut the interior to paint and replace with a new headliner provided by me. he will remove the dash and restore the interior firewall as well.

How does this sound? We are talking about removing the tub so that we can paint the frame too. I do not have a price on that yet, but I am wondering if I should have the drivetrain pulled so I can have any leakes repaired so I can paint the motor, tranny and transfer case. I have no idea on how much any of that would cost.

Have you seen any of their other work? What type of products will he be using. I haven't had luck with the previous shop that my 40 was in for metal work. It is in the right place now but they are a step above the shops we were looking at.

That seems like not enough time even at 50 bucks a hour that's only 160 hours
Now remove material cost supply's etc and you don't have enough time to do quality work
I would want to see some of there work in progress
Not finished paint and bondo hide a lot
I don't know what shop rates are in. Your area
But paint hours here where over 100 bucks a hour ten years ago

That seems like not enough time even at 50 bucks a hour that's only 160 hours
Now remove material cost supply's etc and you don't have enough time to do quality work
I would want to see some of there work in progress
Not finished paint and bondo hide a lot
I don't know what shop rates are in. Your area
But paint hours here where over 100 bucks a hour ten years ago

To add to this comment, my shop has given an estimate of 250 hours after sandblasting for paint. Most of the metalwork is complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom