Reccomend me a dog (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Labrador.............FEMALE (spayed).
positives far outweigh any negatives. My two are awesome, especially with the kids! The only other breed I would recommend from experience are Weimeriners (sp?).
Hula Dogs2.jpg

rainforrest050.jpg

Get a good pig dog, good with kids,bones up over cruisers,;) will sit on hot metal for a ride on one,:) prefers the aircon and music in front on a hot day though..Will not let any dog pee on his truck.Low maintenance, short hair and easy temperament, good mate.:D :cheers:

Hildy said:
Damn eric, what breed is that? I think he said a medium sized dog.
I'd recommed a German Shorthaired Pointer. Best dog I've ever had. Smart, friendly with other dogs, and are great for hunting. They are very active though, mine runs laps around the property every day. :bounce: Without daily exercise they will tear your place up.

MoGas said:
We are looking into a Border Collie.

We have a German shorthair pointer/border collie mix. He's an awesome dog!

Perfect with the kids, even with my 2 yr old son who pulls his ears and "pokes" his eyes:eek: He has never even let out a growl. He just gets up and walks away...

My wife does daycare, so sometimes we have 7-8 kids (3 of them are mine;)) running around the back yard. He likes herding them, sometimes nipping them at the heels, the kids love it...

He also has a strong hunting instinct also. Points out squirrels, birds, cats etc.

He'll be on a dead run after a cat, and I'll call him. He stoppes on a dime & comes right back!

Good watch dog, barks at people when they come up to the door. He keeps his distance watching & growling until we welcome the person in the house, then he's super friendly, even though I don't think he'd ever bite anybody.

We got him from some people who thought he had seperation anxiety... Turns out it was their other dog:bounce: Bad for them...good for us. I almost feel guilty, they were very nice people.

Last edited:
I will recommend an AKITA. We have one, simply amazing dogs. Extremely intelligent and loving.

Greyhounds are good dogs. They need to be rescued after racing as many have their ears cut off and are killed.

Here is mine, he is very good w/ other dogs and likes cats fine too. Very friendly and gentle. They tend to sleep alot!
You can ask for certain traits as some don't get on w/ cats, etc.
Couldn't ask for a better bud
IMG_2731.jpg

WildYoats said:
I will recommend an AKITA. We have one, simply amazing dogs. Extremely intelligent and loving.
Around KIds? How come they are on the banned list in some places?:idea: pehaps you don" like kidsLOL. no offence meant at all,find it a bit amusing,

bigbrowndog said:
Around KIds? How come they are on the banned list in some places?:idea: pehaps you don" like kidsLOL. no offence meant at all,find it a bit amusing,

Absolutely! Just like any dog, if you don't raise them well, ANY dog can turn on poeple. Akita's are very protective and gentle. We constantly have ours around children and infants and they watch and care for them like no other.

Again, excellent dogs. (yeah, I am biased).

My buddy has a choclate lab and that is one loyal dog. It will stay with you all day and loves to play. He is about 3 years old now and will fetch the stick rather than eat(no kidding). I am thinking when I have time/space for a dog I'm either getting a yellow lab or a mut from the pound. Muts are, overall, the smartest dogs I have seen.

Mutt. I have had 2 or 3 mutts growing up and the mutts were better than ANY purebread we ever had. The mutt, in the correct combination of breeds, can be smart, loveable, kind, etc, etc. I personally would never buy or take in another purebreed as long as I live, that is if I ever get another dog after the two loveable idiots we have :D.

It sounds like everyone loves the dog they have! My family has a Springer Spaniel. I wasn't much on dogs before, but this one rocks. She is super loyal, quiet, EXCELLENT with children. She lives for walks, runs, drives etc-wants to do everything that you do, whenever and however you do it. Wants to please. She has adopted the FJ60 as hers. Absolutely dead on lock for birds-she will hunt for the first time next week. Good combination of family pet and outdoor fun companion. Plenty of energy without being annoying. I have taken her on runs up to 5 miles-I'm sure she could do more. Great dogs in all respects

pound dogs are great and 40 bucks. We have two mutts (border collie mixs) that have had zero health issues. Nothing worse than dropping big bucks on purebreed then finding out it has a heart murmer or hip problem.

koop said:
pound dogs are great and 40 bucks. We have two mutts (border collie mixs) that have had zero health issues. Nothing worse than dropping big bucks on purebreed then finding out it has a heart murmer or hip problem.
My Dad's Rottie...half price cause he didn't pay for papers and then found out he got f:censor:kked hard cause she ended up with a really bad case of Hip Displacia(sp?)...Very Loyal and loving dog though...only TRIED to attack ONE person and my dad didn't like that person anyway...it was the Appraiser of the house ROFL. The value of our house managed to double that year :confused: :doh: :grinpimp:

definitely go to the pound -- 80% of animals that go to the pound never come out alive -- and most of them are great, very adoptable dogs --

-- plus, you don't get the inbreeding problems of pure-breds (bad hips, weird vision problems, etc) --

-- plus, you're saving a life!

:D

e

fam2.jpg

Purebred

Diescipel said:
Some kind of shepard mix mut. Nothing purebred.

And female.

have female purebred, Great dog with kids, have picture of my son a 9 months taking ball out of dogs mouth.
The dog would not even budge even when he took her bone away.

Greyhounds don't get most of the problems that other pure bred dogs get. They are bred to be fast and to be strong. That is it. They have a very huge heart, and strong lungs and strong legs etc.

I think I paid $200 when I adopted my greyhound. Good Pooch...as long as you don't mind them hanging on the couch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom