Rebuilding Starter for 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I replaced my starter on my 09 LC as a precaution and now getting the old starter rebuilt at a local alternator/starter repair shop. I ordered a new solenoid when I ordered the new OEM starter from Toyota and took them to the repair shop. I just got a call from the shop saying he could not find brushes as mine are worn and in need of replacing.

Any idea of where to get brushes?

I checked with Toyota Olathe Kansas parts and they do not list brushes, just a yoke assy for $166.xx. Surely brushes are available somewhere.

I wonder if the brush holder includes them. I bet it does.
27370-27060.

I wonder if the brush holder includes them. I bet it does.
27370-27060.

This is for an Alternator, not a Starter.

Bump, any one know?

Followup. The brushes are crimped/soldered into the brush housing. I went to Amayama with the USA part number and purchased the assembly which includes new field windings for $122.00 shipped from UAE. 5 days and it was here. I have a like new on shelf spare starter for a 200 series with new solenoid. Commutator was in perfect condition. Bearings perfect.

Followup. The brushes are crimped/soldered into the brush housing. I went to Amayama with the USA part number and purchased the assembly which includes new field windings for $122.00 shipped from UAE. 5 days and it was here. I have a like new on shelf spare starter for a 200 series with new solenoid. Commutator was in perfect condition. Bearings perfect.
What was the final part number?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom