Rebuild 1HDFTE power steering pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there,
Im trying to put a new seal kit through a power steering pump from my 2001 1hdfte 100 series. My workshop manual details removing the pump gear nut however the hdfte does not have this nut.

Does anyone know how to remove the vane pump drive gear in order to pull the pump apart.

I have tried a 3 jaw puller but no luck.

Thanks

164741724150052149784510308899.jpg

16474172862315929709958038697475.jpg

Hi there,
Im trying to put a new seal kit through a power steering pump from my 2001 1hdfte 100 series. My workshop manual details removing the pump gear nut however the hdfte does not have this nut.

Does anyone know how to remove the vane pump drive gear in order to pull the pump apart.

I have tried a 3 jaw puller but no luck.

Thanks

View attachment 2953755

View attachment 2953756
Hi Tim, did you manage to resolve this as I have the same problem.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Pulling that gear requires using a bearing splitter.

Also, it's very likely you'll chip a tooth on the gear upon removal (that's what happened to me). The amount of force required to pull it is nuts.

Take it to a transmission shop and they'd very likely be able to pull it for you.

-Nick

Hey guys,

Pulling that gear requires using a bearing splitter.

Also, it's very likely you'll chip a tooth on the gear upon removal (that's what happened to me). The amount of force required to pull it is nuts.

Take it to a transmission shop and they'd very likely be able to pull it for you.

-Nick
Thanks, I assume then that it is just a very tight press fit. I will try heating the gear and pressing it off.

Is your power steering pump screaming and loosing power (steering wheel hard to turn)? I went through this and the shop that rebuilt my engine also rebuilt the pump with the Toyota kit (04446-60130) which didn't help at all. The vanes inside are a wear item and Toyota doesn't offer them for the FTE. I think they are available for FT, but not sure if the pumps are the same. I ended up replacing it with a brand new pump in the end...

As for opening - I didn't do it, the shop did, but the FSM says that you have to remove the rear housing first. Check it at LC100 Workshop Manual - https://lc100e.github.io/ - Repair Manual - Steering - POWER STEERING VANE PUMP (1HD-T, 1HD-FTE) - Disassembly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom