Rebadging an LX as a "Land Cruiser" ... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think the name "Land Cruiser" is more iconic than LX.
Any of you guys rebadged your LX and installed "Land Cruiser" badges?????

If you're going to do it, do it right and use the Land Cruiser Cygnus badging. You will need:

1) JDM grill from a Cygnus, because the Lexus and Toyota emblems are not the same size/shape
nengun-329576-00-toyota-genuine_land_cruiser_cygnus_grill-bf9a6577db.jpg

2) Rear "CYGNUS" badge (75442-60090) and the small "LAND" and "CRUISER" badges (75442-60190 and 75442-60080, respectively)
LAND%20CRUISER%20CYGNUS.JPG

The Cygnus has no other badging on the rear (except the "V8" which is already on the LX)
toyota_land_cruiser_cygnus_a1251269402b2983278_orig.jpg

However, you might have some holes underneath the "L" so you'll need a regular rear sombrero badge to cover them.

What is "Cygnus" ????

This:

If you're going to do it, do it right and use the Land Cruiser Cygnus badging. You will need:

1) JDM grill from a Cygnus, because the Lexus and Toyota emblems are not the same size/shape
nengun-329576-00-toyota-genuine_land_cruiser_cygnus_grill-bf9a6577db.jpg

2) Rear "CYGNUS" badge (75442-60090) and the small "LAND" and "CRUISER" badges (75442-60190 and 75442-60080, respectively)
LAND%20CRUISER%20CYGNUS.JPG

The Cygnus has no other badging on the rear (except the "V8" which is already on the LX)
toyota_land_cruiser_cygnus_a1251269402b2983278_orig.jpg

However, you might have some holes underneath the "L" so you'll need a regular rear sombrero badge to cover them.

It’ll turn heads. Otherwise it might just look like you’re embarrassed about your LX. Anyone who knows what it is won’t care what emblem you have. Anyone who doesn’t won’t notice.

This:

It’ll turn heads. Otherwise it might just look like you’re embarrassed about your LX. Anyone who knows what it is won’t care what emblem you have. Anyone who doesn’t won’t notice.
True. It's funny because in markets where the LX is the LC Cygnus, people wanted the brand cache of the Lexus, so they started branding those as a Lexus instead of Toyota. The grass is always greener, I guess...

$_20.jpg

I put my old 'Land Cruiser' rubber mats in my LX if that's what you're referring to.

The Land Cruiser Cygnus is domestic to the Japanese fleet, that is why they always have them little mirrors on the fender. The Lexus name was mainly developed for the US market, we have it over here but it doesn't really have the same prestige status, it is a sensible choice but the prestige status goes to the german brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom