Rearrange Classifieds Please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I go into Classified Ads looking for FJ40 parts I have to wade through a sea of FJ60/62/80/100 ads- - -wouldn't it be neat if ads were listed under "models" just like "post" are ????
You start a petition... I’m on board! :clap:

Count me in on this one too!

Good idea, I have thought this same thing a few times.
The challenges I thought of are: I know some parts lots are a mixture of models, and some parts are used on multiple models. That said, if you know your part is good for a 40 and a 45 for example, list them both places I guess.

It would be amazing to just click a 40 series button and weed out all the plastic parts. (Just a joke guys. haha. Laugh with me. But seriously, on the "weed out other parts" part.

Terrific idea! Many times I have been looking for something and have had to wade through parts that were not for my 40.

What happens when you have a part like

A recessed magnetic 🧲 hex drain plug and

crush ring that spans Fj40 - Fj62 even fj80

Or a lug nut or PCV grommet etc ?

There are certain parts that cross all

The year span models ?

I have suggested to @woody. In the past to organize

The classifieds just like the Old Toyota Parts

Microfiche system was

4 main categories :

- tool / engine

- power train chassis

- body / trim

- electrical

And Nix the one big free for all category we have now

The would be in a sense of Order and
Catigories easy to go to and understand for
New members as well

Just think what a electrical section would do

Right now .........

@woody does a amazing job keeping the glue together no doubt !

Just my input

Last edited:
Agree with Jim/Downey and Onur. Since there already are helpful separate sections for Owners and Classified Corners for: FJ25, FJ45, FJ55, why not add ones for just FJ40 Owners and FJ40 Classified Corner? Keep the existing Classifieds for when parts are not specific to only one model. Since the overall volume has increased in Classifieds, breaking out the FJ40 items would help others by diverting the heavy traffic. Over time if other series show heavy growth then similar break-outs might be helpful.

My two cents.

People need to read the rules as well. I like to see the state at the end of the title. Sucks to find a part and then see it is on the other side of the country.

What we NEED is a Classifieds plugin for the forum. None exist, or none worth running. I've invested in a couple and have tired of wasting money on failed or abandoned projects.

Old timers may remember that is *used* to be this way, categorized by Model. There was an intermediate change made before the current layout. I was not a fan of the change then either. I suspect it has to do with SEO, just a guess. I do know @woody had a lot of custom code and rules setup on the old forum to make things work and that they were not directly portable. Woody does his best and if there was something available, I am sure it would be in testing or released.

Old timers may remember that is *used* to be this way, categorized by Model. There was an intermediate change made before the current layout. I was not a fan of the change then either. I suspect it has to do with SEO, just a guess.

It was never categorized by model. There was a For Sale, Parting Out, and Wanted section. Prefixes were added, and the current layout was done as a result.

No part of it was SEO related.

Can a "wanted" section be added? There used to be one. That could help relieve some of the clutter.

^^^^^ Totally agree, wanted mixed in with for sale totally clutters the classified ads.

Classifying based on the Toyota Parts Catalog is a ***bad*** idea.

Why is it a Bad idea ?

please elaborate

Can a "wanted" section be added? There used to be one. That could help relieve some of the clutter.
There is a WANTED prefix, and you can filter by prefix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom