rear window falling off its track (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DirtScaresMe

Trouble Maker
Threads
Website
facebook.com
My passenger side second row window did something a little odd today. It rolled down about 1/4 the way, then flew down into a solid THUNK. I took the panel off, and the little roller pops right out of the track once it's more than 1/4 of the way down. I took a picture at the 1/4 down mark; any lower and the wheel comes right out and the window drops down fully.

I can pull a different panel off and see how it looks on a working window but thought this might be a bit quicker. For now I re-inserted it and rolled it up all the way; we get bears on the regular throughout the night and unlocked/rolled down windows are bad news.

tJjyn7L.jpg

Very common. The window gradually works its way off of the track. I slid it back over and sort of crimped the ends. Ymmv on the crimping, it could cause the wheel to bind up or possibly gouge it if it isn't adjusted right. I used the method in this thread to slide it over, it worked great!

Rear window falling off track

My passenger side second row window did something a little odd today. It rolled down about 1/4 the way, then flew down into a solid THUNK. I took the panel off, and the little roller pops right out of the track once it's more than 1/4 of the way down. I took a picture at the 1/4 down mark; any lower and the wheel comes right out and the window drops down fully.

I can pull a different panel off and see how it looks on a working window but thought this might be a bit quicker. For now I re-inserted it and rolled it up all the way; we get bears on the regular throughout the night and unlocked/rolled down windows are bad news.

tJjyn7L.jpg
How did you re-insert it?

The glass slides over in it's 'holder'. Took me awhile to figure out how to fix it properly but what you do is slide the window itself towards the hinge side of the door. No need to crimp if you do this. You can pry the window forward but use caution as you don't want to break the window.

In your pic, that vertical metal bar goes up & connects to the actual window 'holder'.

I finally got the wheel in the track. I knew it was supposed to be in it, I just couldn't get the wheel to either end of the track. It wouldn't reach so I could slide it back in. I had to take out 3 of the 4 bolts that held the actuator and was able to slide the wheel in the slot. I crimped the end of the wheel slide just a little to keep the wheel from coming out again. Thanks for the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom