Rear wheel cylinders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mtpickettwoodworking.com
I have a set of four wheel cylinders. The part number is 37483 and from the other boxes in the mix they came from napa. I bought a plastic crate full of brake parts a few years back from a guy who was moving off the island. He had a 55 and also a 60. The cylinders are in poly bags and the paper labels are worn thin. On 2 of the four there is also a number starting with 1B. One is a 1B2 and another is a 1B3, the other two are illegible on that line. I gotta assume the other 2 are a 1B1 and a 1B4? Will they fit both a 55 and a 60? Or are they specific. I pulled the rubbers which were completely pliable and the pistons/bore/adjusters are exactly as new with a nice film of lube . Will these be correct for my '79 FJ 55? Thanks in advance. Oh btw, the front discs are completed with new everything.

60 rear axles only use one wheel cylinder at the top. Should be able to lay them out and see if they will work. brake line coming in goes on the outside and then the line connecting the two is on the insides and then one bleeder on the other outside if I remember right.

From what I see I have two different types of cylinders in the group of 4. The difference seems to be reversal of bleeder nipples and brake tubing inlets. It sure looks like this is a complete set of the four if the bleeders and the tubing nuts are the same thread and seat. My wife is heading out early in the morning to visit her sister for three days so this is Prime Time to get this brake job done with what I have on hand. Are the brake tube inlets interchangeable with the bleeder nipples? Thanks in advance.

That will be in the morning. Thanks!

FJ55 rear wheek cyls.JPG

That will be in the morning. Thanks!
I guess I could bolt them in and just swap positions of the bleeders and lines if they are reversible. Are there typically 4 part numbers for theswe rear wheel cylinders.. I also found 2 oil seals with the parts. Napa 550241 (CR 55x82x10 HM3 R). Are these rear axle seals?

OK, now I busted the end off a W clip on the front disc! Is this available seperately...? Maybe even from Napa?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom