rear wheel cylinders 1962 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking if I restore the rear wheel cylinders or replace them. Can someone tell me the partnumbers?

Are the 1962 brakes identical to later years? I have a 65 parts book. But SOR and cityracer are listing the rear cylinders for 63 and on, what makes me doubt if 61-62 are different.

I see there 4 different cylinders. what's the difference?

When I redid the brakes on a 1961, I used the wheel cylinder kit from SOR. It worked fine. Only issue I had was the drums were different than the later years.

Will the newer ones also fit? (71-80)? The old ones are hard to find here in Europe, newer ones are plenty.

shipping from the US is expensive and so are the import duties.

Paul,
try the same question on the FJ40 tech section. You may get more answers...or not?
I just finished all four corners on my 67/68 but that doesn't help you much. Yes, overseas shipping is out of control. I've sent off parts to a buddy in Australia and costs are brutal, yet I get my pull on boots from Oz and the shipping is free...go figure.

Thanks.
I just ordered a set of new cylinders at roger @Racer65. Shipping is pricey. So will be the import duties. Hoped to find it locally but didn’t work. I’m getting used to it. Told myself good brakes are more important then money.
Also had options in Australia. (thanks Andy).

Got my wheel cylinders from @Racer65. I see he difference between the left and the right side. But what’s the difference between the front and rear? They look identical to me? They do have different partnumbers.
Tagging @65swb45 , Mark, I think you know?
7DFAA5F1-C032-4CC8-AEC6-C2132BF09D75.jpeg
B9FA2B7F-6E33-4516-B436-05757A810F83.jpeg
5609B031-5C5D-43D3-8522-99B57F05866B.jpeg

When I have to look them up, I do. Usually I just let the rubber plugs on the backing plate guide me: oval plugs on the adjuster end, round on the non-adjuster end.

Toyota originally designated two different part numbers for each side because the cylinders were supplied WITH THE BANJOS, which differed from front to rear (in/out rear, in-only front). If there are no banjos, the designations are superfluous; in all other respects the rears on each side are identical.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom