Rear View Camera Trigger Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yup. Tapped into the red wire w/black stripe and all is well. Works like a charm.

I know you checked settings but on the head unit in my truck (a Kenwood) you have to turn the camera to auto. Otherwise I have to operate it as you describe. Sounds like your RCA is good if camera works manually but either a setting is incorrect or your not getting 12V from the reverse light tap for auto operation.

Nice. Are you also tapping into the black and white wire or just th red and black. Can you send a pic?

Sorry I didn’t take pics. Just the red/black. I had a wire for the parking brake but couldn’t figure out where to tap into for that so I left it alone. Doesn’t affect functionality.

@SLCFJ after you installed the head unit, do you hear something after you shut off the engine "whirring"? I believe it's the antenna, which has never worked in my truck. I purposely did not connect the antenna wire to the head unit for this reason.

Maybe it's not the antenna. Hmm...

Update. After everyone’s input and finding some time I opened the dash up and checked my wiring. Everything looked good and connections were fine. I jumped to the back of the vehicle and started double checking everything and found the red wire that is connect to the rca wasn’t connected to my brake lights for the trigger. Stupid mistake but easy fix. Thanks for everyone’s help.

Now I need to figure out why the power antenna doesn’t work. I still have the blue wire from the harness that is loose. When I hook that up to other blue wire the antenna goes crazy and the deck doesn’t work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom