Rear running lights out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tried a look around and can not find the problem with my non working rear running lights...... all else works well... front marker, turn signals, brake lights, interiors, bulbs n sockets r good, grounds that I can find seem good..... when I turn on the running lights there is a slight (30% ish) diming of the interior lights..... was looking for a short or worn through wire but can not find.... have a trailer wire harness as well - four pin flat.... ideas or experience would be great thanks....

try disconnecting the trailer wire harness, usually the converter box goes bad and can cause multiple issues. you can slao check the connectors at the lights for any corrosion as that would increase the resistance in the circuit

Have you checked the body ground in the cargo area?

Standard 1157 filament bulbs, or LED's you can't make work?

I'd truely look in the bulb sockets, at the bulbs themselves too after the trailer harness gets temp pulled, almost betting it's the prob.

Body ground is possible, worth a dab of grease on the ring (fork) terminal while you're 2x'ing it.

Not sure if this will help, but last weekend when I have the right turn signal on and apply the brakes the turn signal goes crazy. Took the fuse off on the signal lights and the bulb still has a small glow on it. My uncle told me those are grounding issues. I traced where the ground wires are attached to the body, they are on the frame once you remove the spare tire towards the back of the cruiser. I unscrewed the ground bolt, cleaned the contacts and tightened it back. Everything works fine now

Did test the sockets - no power in.....zero.... where is the most likely spot I need to look for a short/wire failure..... r the junctions/connectors prone to failure as I have not taken them apart yet? by the way it dims the interior lights when I power on the running lights I would guess a power in fault somewhere in a connection or harness....also took off the trailer harness ...no change....I swap them out every 2 - 3 years in order to avoid problems....that was not it.

Found some of it at least... the harness block in the rear left side in the jack well.... wire was not seated in the block n test w the meter n its my wayward power in.... so can anyone tell me in which hole/connector it goes as there is no obvious spot once it was cleaned up ( or b 4 that)....the single light gauge green wire (now spliced/extended) goes where in the block....looking at the truck front side not rear view.... thx

OK found it - it is position 1 on the plug - found a great website with the 80 series wiring diagrams..... have to figure out a bit but..... that is the hole on the bottom left of the pic....

lcwireblck.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom