Rear Nameplate Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wanting to paint my rear Landcruiser nameplate emblem on my 2010. My 2010 is black exterior, so thinking of painting my emblems in flat black or 60% gloss black.

How do I remove this nameplate? Is it held on by tabs, screws, etc.? Searched the forum but couldnt find anything.

Also I saw on EBay some 200 series rear Landcruiser nameplate emblems that were factory painted black, chrome Landcruiser letters, and a chrome trim ring. Looks like they would fit, but not sure if they are available to order, etc. Does anyone have any insight on this? Also saw one online that was factory painted white, logo was chrome and had a chrome trim ring.

20-30 pound monofilament fishing line works well, with a gentle solvent like naphtha to remove any residual adhesive on the truck.

No ideas as to other trim on eBay...

Wanting to paint my rear Landcruiser nameplate emblem on my 2010. My 2010 is black exterior, so thinking of painting my emblems in flat black or 60% gloss black.

How do I remove this nameplate? Is it held on by tabs, screws, etc.? Searched the forum but couldnt find anything.

Also I saw on EBay some 200 series rear Landcruiser nameplate emblems that were factory painted black, chrome Landcruiser letters, and a chrome trim ring. Looks like they would fit, but not sure if they are available to order, etc. Does anyone have any insight on this? Also saw one online that was factory painted white, logo was chrome and had a chrome trim ring.

Link for the ebay items?

I just searched eBay and saw only 100 Series black w/chrome lettering. If you have a link that would be good.

Should have saved the link. It was not on EBay. It was from a foreign part supplier site. Let me see if I can find it again.

20-30 pound monofilament fishing line works well, with a gentle solvent like naphtha to remove any residual adhesive on the truck.

No ideas as to other trim on eBay...
The large chrome name plate that says "Land Cruiser" centered on the outside of the rear hatch is held on by adhesive only with no clips or screws?

The large chrome name plate that says "Land Cruiser" centered on the outside of the rear hatch is held on by adhesive only with no clips or screws?
Nuts, bolts, and / or screws fastened from the inside. I'd suggest getting on a website that sells LC parts, you'll see drawings of how the stuff goes together.

Планка Задней Двери Toyota LAND Cruiser 200 76801-60121 76801-60180 - Автозапчасти во Владивостоке

nameplate.jpg

Looks to me like it has adhesive along the top and then pushes in with those expanding clips. So Id "cut" the adhesive with fishing line, then start pulling strategically.

My truck is black. Five years ago I taped the piece off, used a half dozen coats of black Plastidip, and it has stayed the same as the first day I did it. I use it to bring down the back and close it. No apparent wear whatsoever. Cost nil. Reversible. You could also spray with lacquer and use acetone to reverse the process later. Yes, taping curves is tedious.

Thanks! I’ve got a white ‘13 LC and I’m considering doing something to the name plate. I’ve considered going black and leaving the letters chrome, or the reverse. Thoughts/opinions?

I was thinking of the same thing with my white one. Too much chrome. Was considering having that piece and the strips on the doors wrapped in the same color as my RW wheels (center section), wondering if they can leave the lettering chrome.

Thanks! I’ve got a white ‘13 LC and I’m considering doing something to the name plate. I’ve considered going black and leaving the letters chrome, or the reverse. Thoughts/opinions?
Way too fussy for me. Typically, I don't advertise. That is merely MY style.

Here's mine. Did "LC" on the vehicle using frog tape and plastic to cover everything. Bought an new "T", painted it and replaced the chrome one. Used industrial flat black paint - Krylon I think. Front pic for S's&G's.
View media item 74420View media item 74421

I wish you could get the Black Pearl emblem kits like I used to have on my Sequoia's. Lexus offers them but nothing for Toyota. I wonder if they are offered overseas at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom