Rear Main Seal Tool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Steamer

SILVER Star
Threads
RMS tool 1.jpg

RMS tool 2.jpg

RMS tool 3.jpg

RMS tool 4.jpg

RMS tool 5.jpg

Is it possible to get a list of components you used to assemble it?
The key item that’s been eluding me for some time is a 4" “flat top” PVC cap which I finally found "HERE”.

4” schedule 40 PVC DWV pipe x 24” from Home Depot.

Glue on the cap and the 2 ft. piece helps hold it in a cut off saw. I cut it so the cap is 1-7/16” overall but 1-1/4” would give a little more wiggle room with the 50mm bolts so you could get a few threads started and have some play to position the seal.

The bolts are M10-1.25 x 50 off the rack at Advance Auto.

The four-inch pipe inside fits the crank hub also and keeps it centered. It worked great!

Oh, forgot to mention. The bolt circle is 84mm. Find the center and with a compass set at 42mm, draw a circle on the cap and then with the compass still set at 42mm, draw arcs to divide the circle into 3 equal parts to get your hole centers.

.....Find the center and with a compass set at 42mm, draw a circle on the cap and then with the compass still set at 42mm, draw arcs to divide the circle into 3 equal parts to get your hole centers.
Not so certain kids of today would know what type of compass you are referencing here, or know how to divide the circle into 3 equal parts with it?

I like your style!

Not so certain kids of today would know what type of compass you are referencing here, or know how to divide the circle into 3 equal parts with it?
Ha ha! I’ve bought several quality drafting compasses over the years but they seem to vanish. This rusty ole cheapy from my childhood ends up still being my go to.

Compass.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom