Rear heater bypass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep. Disconnect the 4 heater hoses at the firewall, reconnect only to the upper inlet/outlets. I've done it on a couple of 80's, just need a length of bulk hose and a 90 degree formed elbow hose. You end up with a couple of extra parts.

Anyone found a simple way to bypass the rear heater?
Yep. Disconnect the 4 heater hoses at the firewall, reconnect only to the upper inlet/outlets. I've done it on a couple of 80's, just need a length of bulk hose and a 90 degree formed elbow hose. You end up with a couple of extra parts.
Pics- note that this 80 has had the PHH hard line deleted as well, as seen to the right of the heater valve in pic 1
Heater hose 1.jpg
Heater hose 2.jpg

You can do away with all of the formed hoses and the U shaped metal pipe. As mentioned, bypass the PHH SS pipe, then route like the pictures. I did not bypass the PHH FYI. This routing worked fine before I parted the truck.

ACtC-3eZx81gMvkAmmCTZ5yGY9-AKy9cXAeDhMqkLSflG5i4t-KEw8WUKBZTO6mN9nzC7oai9UL3v4OQWcEpyN-TWs_Yo_433e86QPc8A9P0R732UZxJsDhEIcCJLRXJ7VkPJStI7PRIeFY_QVNfkOkIci-ECA=w756-h1008-no

ACtC-3cjFoiL5uceYKfgpUTQtEJKiobcFUyqFbZdSncCUZCh3_7PD-F2i2j-TyeqMsmMcWXFi8-qxRZcep9fJWaAsHWtNq9j6sbjkjl13quWVssOh0wCn8rJwPEXnh2UUFmxcMdMwvJGQLntE1c3uO-BMbPsug=w756-h1008-no

You can do away with all of the formed hoses and the U shaped metal pipe. As mentioned, bypass the PHH SS pipe, then route like the pictures. I did not bypass the PHH FYI. This routing worked fine before I parted the truck.
That's pretty cool. It reverses the flow through the heater core, but I can't imagine that making any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom