Rear hatch door warning light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
holahonduras.net
HI all. I'm a newby on this website, which I found after trying to discover a solution to fixing the door warning light on my 2001 diesel Land Cruiser, which I'm driving down here in Honduras. The truck is 'rugged' to say the least, perfect for the conditions where we live - near the beach and salt air, gravel/dirt roads, many potholes, etc. I love it after owning for 2 years now (btw, t's our 3rd LC , the other 2 were gas models, when I lived in California). Doing the usual maintenance stuff - new clutch pressure plate, brakes, sway bar, etc. and expecting to have to replace the shocks soon and any other loose components after being rattled around so much :)
Anyway, the most exasperating problems are usually electrical. In addition to problems with the power windows, the latest is with fussy door locks. After reading an excellent thread on replacing the motors (I've ordered 5 on EBay), I think I'll soon be able to solve them not working all the time.
But I'm stuck trying to figure out why the open door warning light is staying on (although this a.m. it flickered on briefly while bumping down a road). It is caused by one of the rear doors, so I removed the switches for the 2 rear passenger doors and checked them out - they seem fine. I'm suspecting it's a short or loose connection in the rear hatch. But I can't figure out how the sensor connects or where it is.
Does anyone have some diagrams or explanations as to where it is?
Many thanks in advance!

I believe the sensor for the rear hatch is in the latching mechanism. I'd pull the panels off and check that the wire isn't worn or being pinched where the upper door meets the roof.

Wiring diagrams:
http://dustbird.com/ih8mud/FSM/EWD.pdf

Good luck!
Dean

I believe the sensor for the rear hatch is in the latching mechanism. I'd pull the panels off and check that the wire isn't worn or being pinched where the upper door meets the roof.

Wiring diagrams:
http://dustbird.com/ih8mud/FSM/EWD.pdf

Good luck!
Dean
Thanks Dean for suggestion and wiring diagram! Will let you know what I find out and if that's the problem

Thanks Dean for suggestion and wiring diagram! Will let you know what I find out and if that's the problem

Any updates? I have almost the same issue... once in a while all of the interior lights and the door open indicator on the cluster will flicker. This usually happens when i have a window rolled down and cruising at highway speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom