Rear Cargo leak? (1 Viewer)

OK, so I have been trying to find out why water is getting into my rear cargo area? The sunroof drains have been unclogged, but are there any other drains I am missing? Are there any other key areas where it'll leak back there?

It's right dead center right near the hatch/tailgate.

Yeah, on closer inspection I'm thinking it can be both the rear windows and the vent. The seals look good, but I'll find out when I pour some water on the truck. The jack etc in the side compartment was wet, so I assume it's both.

I fixed under the quarter belt moulding with silicone. Also pullet the vent assembly apart cleaned well and siliconed around that and haven't has a problem since

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
SILVER Star

OK, so I have been trying to find out why water is getting into my rear cargo area? The sunroof drains have been unclogged, but are there any other drains I am missing? Are there any other key areas where it'll leak back there?

It's right dead center right near the hatch/tailgate.
Put your tailgate down and use a long straight edge and you may see your problem. Landcruiser tailgates have been well known to bow in the middle and the weather stripping will consequently have a gap. Cdan had an input on a thread on how to straighten it out:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/74292-tailgate-warpage.html

Check out post # 4 in this thread.

C6H12O6

SILVER Star

If you still have persistent leaks after sealing the back hatch up, pull the cargo area panel covers on the DS and PS and look for white-ish residue, like hard water spots, dripping down from the slider window mounting, the gas tank filler seal, the air vent seals, etc. I had A LOT of small leaks all contributing to a steamy rear end. That sounds gross. You know what I mean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom