real time help 97lx450 wiring on front elocker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
front locker issue
Can anyone help me with the wiring to the actual motor? I am trying to determine if I have the right wires coming from the harness to the motor. Here is what I have on my 97 lx450...

To summarize my motor harness got messed up by ME!! So we guessed how to rewire it based on all the manuals and other rigs, but the wiring colors were different on all the manuals and rigs we saw. I just learned on MUD that the LX has some different wiring colors from the Toyota LC.... GREAT!!

So, here is how we wired it. If anyone can crawl under the rig and look at what wires go from the motor to the first connection, right above the motor, I would really appreciate it!

Here is what I have done. I should edit this... this is the wire coming from the upper harness....

FROM harness--------------------------- TO on motor
position 1: Dark Blue/black -------------Yellow
position 2: Green/red --------------------- to sensor (looks like green/black)
position 3: White/black --------- (splits) to sensor and to Black wire at motor
position 4: Dark Blue (heavy gauge) -----Dark Green (heavy gauge)
position 5: Dark Blue/Green -------------- Green/red
position 6: Dark Blue/Yellow -------------- Lt. Green

So, every manual that I go do does not show these colors on the motor: lt. green, and yellow solid wires. Can anyone confirm or deny these combinations?

Here is the long post with more information:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/481506-muddin-family-style.html

Last edited:
Her is a picture of the connector from the harness going into the front locker motor. Hope this helps!

P1010884 (Medium).JPG
P1010884 (Medium).JPG

That is half of the equation! Thanks....

Headed out this am to pull out the whole unit and strip back the wrap and check the wires. Still would like to know the wire combination from the motor to that first connector, but will try and find our notes when we took it apart.

great reference

On the 9 volt test, The 2 wires you need are the solid green and the green/blue wire.
difflocker.jpg
Nomenclature%20copy.jpg
Diff-Lock-Terminal-Explaina.jpg

So, question.... I tried to line up the motor as shown above, but could not get to have the alignment with the marks if the axle is in the unlocked position when you install it. However, the locker would not go in today, so something is still wrong. Does anyone have a better narrative of how to install the locker motor such that it is in the right place?

For reference, I found my notes and here is the order of wires on the lexus lx450 from the first connector to the motor. it works now, so we are close, I just need to be able to line it up. right now it does not fully lock and keep the light from blinking on the dash.

ON the wire from car to the motor . locker
position 1: nothing
position 2: Blue/Green ---------------------green/red)
position 3: Blue (heavy gauge --------- Green
position 4: white/black ------------ ----- black
position 5: blue/ red---------- -------------- yellow
position 6: Blue/yellow -------------- Lt. Green

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom