Rausch Creek Wheeling on 4-21? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Allright, me and my buddy are definitely in.

We got passes from the bosses.

Guess we'll be the only 2 100s... :princess:

Not so fast, I may add my 100 to this group! Although it does not compare to yours except in name only. I need to get pictures of yours next to mine to show my wife as hints for birthday presents.

Anyway, I have never been to Rausch Creek. I live in MD about 2 hours south. I figured my son and I would come up in the morning and make a day of it. Camping Saturday night would be optional. When I get there, where do we meet? Who is the contact?

The schedule would be 9 AM wheeling with multiple groups on various levels of difficulty then meeting and cookout around 5'ish and beyond....

I would camp Friday and maybe even Saturday night. We would shoot for having camp 3 since it is away from the other camp area so if anyone could get there Friday....

I just happened to find this thread:

http://rc4x4.org/forums/showthread.php?p=6314#post6314

Sounds like camp 3 is not available and lots of other temporary changes at RC that everybody should be aware of.

Lynn mentioned to me the changes and I forwarded the thread a week or so ago... she said it would be 'touch and go' as far as the changes... looks like we will need to camp across the street Sat night. Thanks for the update!

Lynn mentioned to me the changes and I forwarded the thread a week or so ago... she said it would be 'touch and go' as far as the changes... looks like we will need to camp across the street Sat night. Thanks for the update!
Are you still planning on going up on friday and camp overnight?

Invariably the PA DER will have some oversight in the reclamation of the mine, and wetlands and streams are still regulated by the Corps of Engineers, even in a mining situation. I don't know the owners or their specific conditions of site use, but I am in the land development business and it is likely that they have to identify where environmental impacts will be and where they will not be. In the long run it is better for everybody's enjoyment to make it easier for the owners to operate the use without crossing the regulators.

Welp, just found out I can't make it on Sat. Fawking BS to say the least. I'm pissed right the fawk off... No need for details now, but it has to do with the wife...

Steamin' to say the least. WTF. Been planning this what now 6 weeks? I'm seething...

I could leave NYC around god damn fawking 9am, but by the time I got to RC, it would be noonish and y'all be in the woods by then.

Fawk, planned this thing since the last trip to Paragon.

Wow, I'm pissed off right now.

Don't sweat it man. We try to get out once a month or every other month. There will be another ride coming up soon.
Or you could say F it and come anyway;) .

Man, I was looking forward to the chrome bling of the 100.

Maybe another time.

It looks like Parking/Camping will be the same as always this weekend yet.
Check it out:
http://rc4x4.org/forums/showthread.php?t=855

I will be there with the Keystone Krawlers but I've been watching this thread and thought I'd give you a heads up.
Say hi if ya see me you cant miss me, Blue 87 on 35's with a fiberglass stepside bed.

Toyota4-9-07003.jpg

Aaron

anyone going to be on primarily greens for the day? I'd like to come up in my stock FJ cruiser if there is a group doing so.

I think Jeff said there would be different groups so you'd probably be okay.

I'll probably stick to easier stuff, too, since it's my first run.

Wifes bringing her slightly modded X to run easy(green, light blue) so feel free to bring the fj cruiser.

Already covered, Gary.:)

I'm just about packed and ready to leave.

Dang--sorry you didn't get a response to this in time. There was another stock FJC that had no issues. To answer your question--yes, there is really just one general staging area. Hopefully next time you can make it!

Brett

Thanks for a great day!

Hey, so our first day wheeling went pretty good--I'd like to thank everyone for helping us--Gary for the pointers and lessons, Bill for the CO2 air-up at the end, Matt for the in-cab advice at the beginning of the day, and Chris, James, and Matt for more advice and camaraderie.

Got some pinstripes, a slightly bent safety chain attachment on the hitch and a bent trailer plug plate, but I think that's all.

It was a good time!

Brett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom