Rattle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tom,

Before you run it thru the wall, take the wiper arms off. They bend real easy. :G

:beer:

Oh, do it at the wulf's place. I heard he wants to expand his garage...................... :slap:

Tom,
Your 2nd post didn't mention you had an assistant at the wheel while you looked for the rattle. In that case, just a foot firmly planted on the brake and the other foot on the throttle would be OK. The brakes (but not the e-brake!) will easily hold the vehicle at a pretty high RPM.

I envisioned you on the PS floor with a hand on the throttle and the e-brake holding the truck. Sounded dangerous to me... :dunno: but I'm a real chicken when if comes to working on vehicles while they're running. :G

-B-

Beowulf

Guess I still wasn't exactly clear on my procedure. I didn't really have an assistant, well unless you consider a long screwdriver an assistant. I used the handle end of the screwdriver to poke around after the glove box was removed. It was actually pretty simple because the ECM was the first thing I poked (insert joke here).

Dan

I'll be sure and get the wiper arms off next time I try this stunt. However, if I do go through the wall, I think we'll have to start back at the top of this post because I might need some help with the SRS system.

Thanks again for the help. I'll try not to just lurk around here but my LC knowledge is still pretty low. If things keep going like they have since I bought the truck, then I should be up to speed pretty quickly. (Will be replacing the oxygen sensor tomorrow...)

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom