Ramsey PTO gear box removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have experience with these Ramsey PTO boxes? It’s on a 1967 3 spd t case. I would like to remove and put the stock cover back in its place. I have a cover but not sure if it’s as simple as removing the bolts where the original cover was or do I need to split it open to remove a staked nut or anything? Hopefully it’s just a simple unbolt and put stock cover back in its place?
Found some old info from mud and a pic of it off..

IMG_9831.jpeg

IMG_9834.jpeg

IMG_9836.png

Ive had a couple of those boxes and never put one on cuz they hang so low and seemed poorly thought out.

Pull box, the output shaft on the trans will have a sleeve with a spline end on it that is the coupler to pto box, a sliding sleeve is on a shift fork to engage spline or disengage.

Remove nut holding spline coupler from shaft. At this point you may need a factory sleeve to put back on shaft under the nut. This keeps the gear stack clamped together and is needed.

Others will know more as i never used one, but had a couple and even cleaned and rebuilt one for use but never put it on.

Thanks! Wondering if I can just leave the spline on and use the factory cap and call it a day. Great bro and I’ll pull it off next week.

I think the spline is too tall for the factory cover to fit.

Bushing was about 1” ID, x 1 1/2 tall (warning - 30 year old mental picture ). Just be ready to improvise a bushing if its your daily driver.

Thanks!

Thanks! Worst case I can weld the cover with a patch to accommodate the longer gear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom