Radio wiring 87 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While my dash is apart for replacing the heater box I am getting ready to install a stereo into the original dash opening. I can't seem to find whatever electrical plug should be available to plug into a stock radio. Can someone either 1) show me a picture of the electrical connector for a stock radio, or 2) let me know what color wire should connect to a radio to supply 12V+ voltage when the key is in the acc and on positions. And help will be sincerely appreciated!!!

Not sure of your wire colors but there is a 3 position connector for the speakers and a 2 position connector for power:

1661384911575.png

While my dash is apart for replacing the heater box I am getting ready to install a stereo into the original dash opening. I can't seem to find whatever electrical plug should be available to plug into a stock radio. Can someone either 1) show me a picture of the electrical connector for a stock radio, or 2) let me know what color wire should connect to a radio to supply 12V+ voltage when the key is in the acc and on positions. And help will be sincerely appreciated!!!
The factory service manual (Body & Chassis edition) has the entire wiring schematic and all wire colors are labeled. The colors changed from year to year on a few things so take it with a grain of salt.

Best bet is to get out your multimeter and test all the wires back there for 12V with the key set to ACC. Then turn the key off and see which wire goes to zero volts. Test between the wire and ground, any unpainted bolt head or metal surface connected to the body work will do. Typically the 12V wires are a larger gauge than other ones, like the speaker wires for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom