Radiator Madness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Jan 16, 2010
Threads
59
Messages
284
Location
Peoples Republic of Eastern California (Denver)
This past weekend I noticed my radiator was leaking pretty bad. Cruiser Outfitters can try to get me one but they have no idea when they might get one. Anyone have a source for new ones? A local shop said they can't repair mine because the plastic tank part is split, the core is in pretty bad shape too. I have them starting on fabricating one for me to replace what I have. 1994 Troopy with a 1FZ-F and AC GCC spec ..Any help is much appreciated.
 
Put a KoyoRad Radiator in my 80 from Rock Auto - 2 Years ago - Original Lasted from 1996 to 2024 - 28 Years
Put a Denso Radiator in my GX from Rock Auto - This Year - Original Lasted from 2005 to 2026 - 21 Years

Both are Toyota OEM Suppliers.

They are Readily Available and Price is not out of Sight.

I changed them both Myself, and if they Leak I will change them Again.

Both Developed Pin Leaks.

I change Radiator Fluid every 5 Years with Asian Prestone - Drain & Fill & Add Label - I have 5 Toyotas

Coolant Change Label.webp
 
I lied - Coolant is Peak

Peak Coolant.webp
 
Ron Davis Radiators made a radiator for my 1FZ-F in my FZJ75 a few months back. They have the design on file and it was a perfect fit. Not cheap but got me back on the road. Not sure if this would be any faster.

Good luck!
Thanks for the tip. Do you have a picture of the one they made for you?
 
I ordered genuine from Japan and it ended up being cheaper shipped with duties included than sourcing a new one locally, so that's also a possibility.
 
Back
Top Bottom