Radiator Hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.oregongrain.com
1975 2F

What are you guys using for internal support on your radiator hoses? I have a few cruisers that have a coil'esque spring inside the hose that maintains its shape.

Can you buy this support coil seperate?

You can purchase them at better auto parts stores....but I have removed them, and have not found that I need them on my 82-2F in the Red truck, along with the other assortment of Land Cruisers I have owned and operated over the years....

:beer:

I have seen the coil/spring installed in the upper radiator hose on stock trucks...and on the lower hose, even with the steel heater hose adapter set up.

:rolleyes:

Poser said:
I have seen the coil/spring installed in the upper radiator hose on stock trucks...and on the lower hose, even with the steel heater hose adapter set up.

:rolleyes:
i was thinking of the schucks wall of rad hoses that were sold by lenght and had the flex ribs

:flipoff2: Fawker..............................Know it all...................

I have oem hoses. But want to add these coils to them as insurance. I have a heat issue while driving down the highway. I slowly overheat at speed over time. I want to elminate the hoses caving in.

I also have the stock radiator cap so I don't think water pump cavitation is the problem.

I need to get it sorted out so that I can take the 45 down to the 45 run..

bull said:
I have a heat issue while driving down the highway. I slowly overheat at speed over time. ..

Fan clutch???

timing?

Generally a sign of a sticking thermostat. Upper hose collapsing. Run the truck with the cap off to operating temperature and see if the water is circulating in the radiator. If its not your thermostat is not opening, or a possible water pump issue. As for the support springs in the hoses, I wouldn't suggest it. Its just another place for crud to build up and they rust over a period of time. My 2 cents. I just recently replaced my whole cooling system also. Let us know what you find.

I'm going to pop the thermostat out tomorrow and boil it to see if and when it opens. To be honest the PO could have not even put a thermostat in. When I got the rig it didn't have a temp gauge hooked up..wire had fallen off..

What is the age/condition of the radiator cap?

so your really looking for a Band-Aid ;)

fan cltuch, t-stat, timing or rad.......

Volunteer said:
Generally a sign of a sticking thermostat. Upper hose collapsing. Run the truck with the cap off to operating temperature and see if the water is circulating in the radiator. If its not your thermostat is not opening, or a possible water pump issue. As for the support springs in the hoses, I wouldn't suggest it. Its just another place for crud to build up and they rust over a period of time. My 2 cents. I just recently replaced my whole cooling system also. Let us know what you find.
Better yet,... don't open up anything. Grap the upper radiator hose when the water temps nears the opening setting, and you'll hear & feel the hot water rush as the stat opens. Check your temp guage and you'll know . Save the $ for bulb gasket and sealant,... you'll likely need it elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom