Quick CDL switch question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have any follow up on this issue? I bought a mint 1993 FZJ80, one owner with 110K kms, (68K miles). Everything worked perfectly! And one day I decided to change the radio, and while I was on it to take the whole dash apart to do some detailing work. When I put it back together the instrument gauge had some faulty lighting that a couple of knocks fix, the antenna switch illuminates on just 1 side, the rear defrost doesn't light up, the hazards either, and also, the CDL was not lighting at first and only works when it feels like it. The weird thing is that everything worked before unplugging and stopped working. I can live without the switches lighting but the CDL I do need, since my truck doesn't have permanent 4wd.

Are you sure it's not working? Maybe it's just not lighting up but is engaging.

To "fix" mine I just cleaned the connection the best I could and take it on and off a few times, making sure the connection is solid. Another thing is my wires were tight, so I made sure that when I put the dash trim back on that it wasn't pulling too tightly. Also may want to make sure the switch isn't faulty.

Thanks!! I'll give it a try! It just seems to weird that all the switches started failing at once. I'll also try applying some conductive grease to see if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom