Quetico camping and fishing. Not a place to take your 4x4 but still cool. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

g-man

SILVER Star
Threads
thought I would share my Quetico Canada trip even though it isn't really a 4x4 destination. We drove to Crane Lake Mn and got ferried in on a large aluminum boat with 250 hp. After that its customs, and park fees and a drop off. Two weeks of paddling, fishing and backpack style camping. Very remote..no cell towers, very little planes, very few people. Lots of portages and paddling. If your looking for a remote get away ...this is it. For anyone familiar with Quetico we got dropped off at Bottle portage and camped and fished Middle Roland, Roland lake, Argo lake, Darky lake, Ballard, Wicksteed, Minn and came out on north section of McAree and black robe portage.

DSCN0028.JPG

DSCN0036.JPG

DSCN0043.JPG

DSCN0039.JPG

DSCN0062.JPG

we each got a grand slam...to include, lake trout, walleye, small mouth, largemouth and northern pike.

Also shown...thousand year old pictographs from rock wall on Darky Lake.

DSCN0054.JPG

DSCN0022.JPG

DSCN0076.JPG

DSCN0078.JPG

Yes it is a wonderful place. Accounts for over half the times I visited Canada. We always just canoed across the border and went to the ranger station for the border crossing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom