questios regarding antenna (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I pulled the antenna motor on my 80 and disassembled to remove the broken plastic drive tape. It was a PITA to get out and worse to get back in. I suspect it'll be the same with the 100, so I've replaced my mast every few years, that's a quick and easy job.

hey everyone, i jsut bought a vdj 76 gxl cruiser and the antenna control module is broken due to water damage.. i was wondering if anyone knew any other toyotas i can find the module in??? toyota quoted $490 AUS...

cheers james

PM Beno and see what he can do. Sounds like robbery to me.

Anyone have the correct part number for the fender liner clips in case I need to get inside? I think it's #6 retainer, but diagram is a little cryptic.

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser Parts - ToyotaPartSales.com

8415110.gif

I pulled the antenna motor on my 80 and disassembled to remove the broken plastic drive tape. It was a PITA to get out and worse to get back in. I suspect it'll be the same with the 100, so I've replaced my mast every few years, that's a quick and easy job.

It is usually this little piece of plastic that breaks on hundys. Some mechanics and dealerships replace the whole motor mechanism and charge $$$, when it is actually a $75 job with labor.

I just took one into the dealership and they found them, they should have plenty on hand.

Ya but tight on time during the week and the interweb thingy is soooo easy.

The 22 clips that hold the fender liner in is PN 53879‑60010. Retail for about $1/ea. I gotta order some too.

The 22 clips that hold the fender liner in is PN 53879‑60010. Retail for about $1/ea. I gotta order some too.

Thanks Hoser!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom