Questions about some steel rims from a 1983 Toyota that I want to put on a 1994 Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, so this is my first post so please direct me if this has been resolved somewhere before but I have a steel rim question. I love the look of the steel rims from 79/83 (I'm not sure if they are FJ40 or Toyota 4x4 hilux- or if there is a difference) and want to put them on my 1994. But, and here is where it gets tricky, 1) will they fit my truck- spacers is fine, do you know what size I'd need, or would a tire store know? 2) I have three of them, and one from a 84 and above, so naturally I want a third from the 79/83 era. 3) Why is it so hard to locate a rim from that era? I've seen several threads here and elsewhere with links to aftermarket or saying that they are the same. I don't believe they are, as you can see from the picture, the older ones have why less of an interior bump/circle thing going on, and they don't have the metal clips for hubcaps. Please, can someone chime in here and give me the skinny. I want to run the rims on a narrow semi aggressive looking tire that isn't over 31" tall. Is that even an option? The idea is the truck has the modern quietness of the 89 and later doors and THE motor 22RE... but looks bone stock like a 79/83, but that can go into 4wheel when necessary- a sleeper 4WD so to speak. I've attached a few images to explain things a bit more as well. Thanks in advance.

** stock rims from 84 and above seem to be plentiful, compared to the rims I'm trying to run. If anyone has a lead on a 4th, and 5th for spare that would be awesome. The pic of them in front of my current rims is yes, one white, and one grey, but those are the 2 of the three, and the other more silver rim/tire is from the later models.

IMG_2032.JPG

IMG_2039.JPG

IMG_2081.JPG

IMG_2082.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom