Question for the fabricators (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EStein

SILVER Star
Threads
I got this floor pan from real steel and it doesn’t quite fit the profile of the transmission cover. Any ideas how or where I should cut this trans cover to form it over the new profile? i’ve been rebuilding my rear tub so I can weld ok and I’ve got a crate full of sheet metal… thought about just pounding it down but I’d like it to look good. I thought it wasn’t gonna be that hard but I’ve just been looking at it for half an hour and I can’t figure out how to do it. Any thoughts?
0DAB4DDF-1E5C-4407-AB00-50445B0DF318.jpeg
973528E8-E9E7-46A5-A5D3-7F24053E6E44.jpeg

12844F9E-F6F7-4D54-9318-7661F9E3AD3D.jpeg

Last edited:
easier to fit the tunnel to what you for the floor....some hammer action will fix that right...proper use of the hammer and some dollies would result in fine looking result as well.

Looks like the trans cover needs some reshaping. Bend it back to fit better. It's not rocket science.
Ha. Yeah I know, definitely not rocket science. I was just hoping someone had dealt with this and had a picture or a good idea of how they made it fit without it looking all beat to crap. Looks like I’ll get out the hammer.

Yes....just use a hammer and dollie or a block of wood. It just takes time to make it nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom