Pyrometer for a 3B (to be turbocharged) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To you guys who have suggested Isspro gauges...a BIG thank you! :beer:

I just put in an Isspro EV boost gauge in my BJ74 today, and it looks great. It matches the OEM Toyota gauges closely (black face, white numbers, and red/orange pointer), and the looks and operation of it seems to be of high quality. I'm saving up for a Pyrometer, and will take a pic of the setup when I'm done with both.

Looks like max boost right now with the shim and everything is 9-10 psi...which is not spectacular, but I'm happy with the power and economy. Trying to balance power and longevity in my rig.

FWIW, Piers Diesel Research is a good place to buy Isspro gauges...they're in Surrey/Port Kells. The Air Core Pyrometers all have an amplifier box that require voltage to work...most of them are 12V, but some Isspro Marine pyrometers are available with 24V amplifier boxes. The only thing that I don't like is that the Marine series all have white faces, blue numbers and needles. I prefer the black face, so I'll just pick up the 12V gauge in the near future.

Cheers.

Stone, the Isspro guages are purchased in pieces, at least thats how it worked with me when I got them. You can get 24v senders since they are OEM heavy truck suppliers. For the lights it's just a matter of swapping the bulbs.

cruiser_guy said:
Stone, the Isspro guages are purchased in pieces, at least thats how it worked with me when I got them. You can get 24v senders since they are OEM heavy truck suppliers. For the lights it's just a matter of swapping the bulbs.

Hi Charles:

Yes...the mechanical gauges don't require any power, so it's just a matter of switching out the bulbs to 24V, which is what I did for my Boost gauge.

But after talking to the person at Piers Diesel, and trying to see if the 24V amplifier from their Marine series will fit onto the black faced automotive series...apparently not. The plug-in are different...and he also mentioned that the units come as a matched set of dial, amplifier box, and thermocouple...so he wouldn't split them up. At least this is the story I get for their EV series.

In ISSPRO's catalogue, they have the old style pyros that are mechanical and don't require an amplifier box, but I don't like the old style and much prefer their Enhanced Visibility series. The box doesn't take much power anyway, so I'm not too worried about it. It will be on an ignition switched relay so that it doesn't draw any power when the truck's not running.

Cheers.

mine ..

new-gauges.bmp

my best " cheap " option.

Stone, that's NOT the story on Isspro's website or when I ordered the pyro for my daughters truck. The one I and she both have came in three separate boxes, one for the guage and amplifier, one for the lead and one for the probe. Check with Cory at Kodiak as I'm sure he can help too (he got me mine when I installed the AXT turbo way back when).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom