Purists look away, LJ78 hack job (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
a friend in Okinawa is cutting the trunk section. It's awesom in my opinion. I've contemplated this a few times...

IMG_1264.PNG
IMG_1265.PNG
IMG_1266.PNG

oh shoot. is this what people thought of me when I cut open the 55?

What's next?

I'll post updates from facebook. But I certain it will be soft top with a slanted back following the tape lines.

I'll post updates from facebook. But I certain it will be soft top with a slanted back following the tape lines.

Its his vehicle, but what is the point of all that? :confused:

It's hot in Okinawa and if I were a betting man, he repurposed his ac compressed to fill an air tank.

Now you have me confused. Why would he repurpose his air conditioning to fill up an air tank on a hot day?

My friends are jealous of my A/C on a hot day. They like to stand near my troopy window talking and get wafts of Denso cold air in their face.

To fill an air tank to run tools or fill tires. But don't quote me. I may be mis-remembering friend's build plans....

Honestly, Japan's car culture is much more dynamic then anywhere else. Especially considering Japanese culture places the group before the individual. Cars are used as a vehicle for self expression. So that could be motivation. Or, he's board and wants to work on his fab skills.

Well went to meet the owner today. Sorry for the dark pics I was late. So I asked the question why and received the best answer ever... Because it looks bad ass!!! I need to get some better pictures but this thing is kick ass.

PS it still has AC

IMG_0618.JPG

IMG_0619.JPG

IMG_0621.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG

I like those fender flares.

I am not digging it, but that is just one opinion of many out there. Still...props to the guy that took the initiative to do that.

no worries brother. as the old saying goes, to each their own. I think its cool as hell personally, especially considering the owner is using a 110V stick welder for everything done: face swap, custom coilovers, armor, and roof chop. Its not something i'd do to my truck, unless I knew it would serve as a steep and rocky island trail rig, which this is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom