SOLD Pulling it until I receive the title from DMV (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
White
lx1.jpeg

Okay guys. I pulled the trigger and bought this:

2005 Lexus LX470
There are much more records in hand than on carfax (from Lexus, RPM garage, etx)
Front and Rear bumpers with Baja Design Lights
Slee Corner Blinker relocation Kit
All Five Factory wheels powder coated with new BFG all-terrain.
Timing belt done at 185K
ABS system just replaced with OEM parts
Interior is not perfect (missing third roe, but i found a set for 150). But I will get pictures this weekend.

I attached the carfax

Here is my dilema. I buy this and on my way home I get a call from someone I have been trying to buy his 1997 triple locked 80 (it is super clean). He says he is finally willing to let it go. I have been searching for a nice 80. I asked if he is interested in trading, but he just laughed and said, if it gets 28 mpg. This is seriously my luck. So, he is waiting on me. Do I try to sell this to buy my dream rig or just sit on this and keep it?

What would you guys do? I haven't even put this in my name. (just keep it?) or (live once, get what I have always wanted?)

Scroll down for more pictures and carfax.

Last edited:
It’s your buddy…Which is great but also bad. 100’s constantly need maintenance so wouldn’t want you to be mad at him when that’s kinda the reality for most of em. 2001’s are pretty available on the market but peace of mind to know your buddy has likely baselined it and kept up on maintenance has a $ value to it. Another meh possibility is that he tries to recoup a bunch of his mod costs onto you, which may put that vehicle at a higher tag than what it’s realistically worth.

When I’ve dealt with potentially buying friends/family cars, i research fmv for both the high and the low and then I ask the person what ballpark they’re trying to get. If they’re near or past the higher end of the fmv I just tell em good luck get that money.

It’s your buddy…Which is great but also bad. 100’s constantly need maintenance so wouldn’t want you to be mad at him when that’s kinda the reality for most of em. 2001’s are pretty available on the market but peace of mind to know your buddy has likely baselined it and kept up on maintenance has a $ value to it. Another meh possibility is that he tries to recoup a bunch of his mod costs onto you, which may put that vehicle at a higher tag than what it’s realistically worth.

When I’ve dealt with potentially buying friends/family cars, i research fmv for both the high and the low and then I ask the person what ballpark they’re trying to get. If they’re near or past the higher end of the fmv I just tell em good luck get that money.
Deleted as it was in regard to different vehicle.

Last edited:
Doesn’t sound that crazy given how we’ve seen prices go bananas. Miles isn’t crazy high, lot of mods. Feel like guys are putting higher mile with less mods out there for 12-13k

Hey guys I noticed by the upper corner of the windshield there was clear sealant and rust forming where the water channel meets the roof. And when I arrived, I saw the owner take a can of R134-A. I asked him how the air conditioner works and he said perfect. Then he told me that he has driven this car all of the world and he has put a lot of money into it.

I did a carfax and it shows that he bought it from an auction as a flip. Which honestly I don't care, everyone needs to make money. But, I just didn't like the dishonesty.

Hey guys I noticed by the upper corner of the windshield there was clear sealant and rust forming where the water channel meets the roof. And when I arrived, I saw the owner take a can of R134-A. I asked him how the air conditioner works and he said perfect. Then he told me that he has driven this car all of the world and he has put a lot of money into it.

I did a carfax and it shows that he bought it from an auction as a flip. Which honestly I don't care, everyone needs to make money. But, I just didn't like the dishonesty.
I’m confused, is this your Buddy as described in the original post? If he was your friend wouldn’t you know he was trying to flip it? Doesn’t sound like you trust the guy.

I’m confused, is this your Buddy as described in the original post? If he was your friend wouldn’t you know he was trying to flip it? Doesn’t sound like you trust the guy.
More of a buddy of a buddy. My buddy knew I was looking for one and mentioned he knew someone that was going to be selling one. I was just being lazy if the first post. I really didn’t want to explain the whole situation. Yet here we are LOL.

More of a buddy of a buddy. My buddy knew I was looking for one and mentioned he knew someone that was going to be selling one. I was just being lazy if the first post. I really didn’t want to explain the whole situation. Yet here we are LOL.
Gotcha. Btw, the Carfax looks like it could be hail damage. But hard to say.

Okay guys. I pulled the trigger and bought this:

2005 Lexus LX470
There are much more records in hand than on carfax (from Lexus, RPM garage, etx)
Front and Rear bumpers with Baja Design Lights
Slee Corner Blinker relocation Kit
All Five Factory wheels powder coated with new BFG all-terrain.
Timing belt done at 185K
ABS system just replaced with OEM parts
Interior is not perfect (missing third roe, but i found a set for 150). But I will get pictures this weekend.

I attached the carfax

Here is my dilema. I buy this and on my way home I get a call from someone I have been trying to buy his 1997 triple locked 80 (it is super clean). He says he is finally willing to let it go. I have been searching for a nice 80. I asked if he is interested in trading, but he just laughed and said, if it gets 28 mpg. This is seriously my luck. So, he is waiting on me. Do I try to sell this to buy my dream rig or just sit on this and keep it?

What would you guys do? I haven't even put this in my name. (just keep it?) or (live once, get what I have always wanted?)

Attachments

• 2005LX.pdf
    445.3 KB · Views: 35

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom