Pulled Skid Plate - Trans Drip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok all, it's fixed!! Picked up the Cruiser today and all seems well with it. Ended up being the subpan casting that was leaking (hairline crack from factory). Since the Tech had the transmission already pulled, he worked from the bottom vs pulling the engine.

Here's the notes from the paperwork for the $3,300 worth of warranty work...

7ClBkhK.jpg

NuSxCAQ.jpg

Anyone know what a "TAS case" is? In context it sounds like some system to track unusual defects.

Glad they fixed it. Bummer you had to go to two dealers to get it fixed though. I'd pull a "how do you like them apples" do the first dealer.
Lol, the current Dealer told me to do that as well...I just might!

Lol, the current Dealer told me to do that as well...I just might!

No point, first dealer will be stoked they didn't have to complete that much warranty work. They'll feel like they dodged a bullet!

A simple "this is why I won't bring service work to you any longer" might work as well.

Anyone know what a "TAS case" is? In context it sounds like some system to track unusual defects.
I believe it stands for “Technical Assistance”...when a TAS case is opened, Toyota corporate technicians review the fault data and advise the dealer tech on how to proceed with further testing or replacement.

Wow, that final description on the paper work is just...wow.:wideyed: Also, 3300 seems not bad given most of the truck was apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom