Wanted PTO winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have an original PTO winch they wanna sell? I'm in So Cal. Dreaming of having a winch on my 74 FJ40.

IF THEY HAVE THAT FOR $300 I WOULD BUY IT TODAY! YEAS ITS MISSING A LOT THATS REALLY ONLY A PARTIAL SLAVE DECK

I HAVE A COUPLE BUT NOT FOR $300 PTO'S ARE WORTH THAT ALONE..DAVE

Thanks for the lead. Looking for more of an original condition. My 74 is a beater. Thanks

I have a complete PTO with driveshaft and transfer gearbox in Burbank. The only thing I’m not sure I have are the two spacers that go between the winch angle iron and the framerails. $1500.00. You can call the shop to follow up; no PMs please.

Last edited:
Mark, do you have the entire PTO setup for a ‘70 FJ40 3 speed?

Martin, it’s been many many years since I pulled this setup, but IIRC, it came off a ‘69 with a 3 speed.

Martin, it’s been many many years since I pulled this setup, but IIRC, it came off a ‘69 with a 3 speed.

In other words, yes.

Is $1500 pretty much the cost of a complete PTO set up? Sorry, very unfamiliar with it and the value.

Is $1500 pretty much the cost of a complete PTO set up? Sorry, very unfamiliar with it and the value.

in some cases it can be the starting point , such as a late modle 4spd set up

Thank you. So, you're saying $1500 starting point, and more?

The only thing I’m not sure I have are the two spacers that go between the winch angle iron and the framerails.
My spacers are easy to get to right now, since I have my winch off the rig during the painting process. I could get some measurements off them if anyone would like to take a stab at making them.

My spacers are easy to get to right now, since I have my winch off the rig during the painting process. I could get some measurements off them if anyone would like to take a stab at making them.
I would be interested in getting some made. If you could send some measurements that would be great. Thanks, John

Could you maybe add a pic with those measurements? My pto doesn’t have em and would be nice to see what they are for reference..... i could prolly just search too.....haha

Thank you. So, you're saying $1500 starting point, and more?
For a complete set up, that's probably a realistic price. I know @HelloKitty65 has been buying his in bits and pieces, he might get into it for a bit less, but maybe not. And finding ALL the parts is tough if you can't get the whole enchilada at once.

@swamp-thing @pardion - Spacers appear to be cast iron. The angled side has a slight curvature to match the curve of the frame.

Width - 50mm
Depth - 40mm
Height - 15mm at tall end, 10mm at short end
Hole - 13mm diameter (for M12 bolt)

Hole is offset toward the thick end, hole center is 17mm from thick edge. Hole is perpendicular to the flat side.

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

Last edited:
How about the smaller wedges that go on the bolt before the washer and nut? Those are rarer than the wedges between the frame and winch.

How about the smaller wedges that go on the bolt before the washer and nut? Those are rarer than the wedges between the frame and winch.
I assume those go on the bottom side in the frame? I don't have any of those, but it makes sense that they would be a good idea. The taper should be the mirror image of the topside spacers.

I may need to make myself a pair of those...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom