Pto winch experts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like a Ramsey. Very low resale value. For what it would take to get that working, you'd be cheaper and better off in the long run with an electric winch.

My 02...but I'm no expert;)

www.marksoffroad.net

judging from the tow hooks its off of a dodge military truck and will be tough to fit between the toyota frame rails buy a factory pto or go with marks idea

I needed my winch two times to completely "save" my vehicle, both times the engine was not running (one time vehicle on it's side, another time engine drowned in stream crossing), a PTO would have been worthless!!!!!!!!!

when i flipped my rig with a pto winch i used the starter to right the truck ,after that i ran pto front and electric on the rear .still run front and rear winches on all my working trucks

Not to completely derail this thread, but I am curious if there is a reliable source to purchase a factory PTO winch? I have looked around some, and I can only find use ones that appear well used or neglected.

Not to completely derail this thread, but I am curious if there is a reliable source to purchase a factory PTO winch? I have looked around some, and I can only find use ones that appear well used or neglected.

There is no guarantee that even with a fully serviced 40 year old factory winch that the housing won't crack the first time you use it. You pay your money, and you take your chances.

If you are serious, start your own thread in the classifieds and see what you get.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom