PTO Gear Shift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nice pics...exactly why i am going through the trouble of putting a PTO wench on my cruiser...

IDave...what thottle cable thingy are you talking about? is this a hand throttle that you can use with the PTO? once everything was all set up i was planning on putting a hand throttle on the truck for use with the PTO winch..set it at a resoanble RPM and pull away...or am i not understanding what you are sayin?

Stew

Stew, that's exactly what I mean.   :p

And one of the hand throttles I have should be stock for your cruiser.

Hey, thanks. That helps, too.

IDave.......is thise the thread you were talking about?

Ahh, nah I can't find the thread.

These are the pix of the foot pedal hand throttle.

(Ed, now I know what you emailed me about! This old puppy!)
DSCN3932a (Medium).JPG
DSCN3933 (Small).JPG

Dave.....

I think that you are a thread off..... ;)

Poser said:
Dave.....

I think that you are a thread off..... ;)

I know, Stevers, it was FJWagon who pulled it up. Then Degnol emailed me an answer to my old question. And so now its all mersluggered, but it's ok.

So, all, I did figure out where to cut the hole in the tranny hump! :D

Here's a picture someone sent me of the tranny hump with the correct hole, and the actual OEM PTO shift cover!
PTO shift lever slot.jpg
Dsc00137.jpg

I found one of those in a toyota bag the other day(latch for lever) when I was going though my junk in a drawer I had in storage. I bought it back in 92-3 and completely forgot I had it. The funny thing is I tried buying one at the dealer a couple of months ago and they said it was discontinued.

fjwagon said:
I found one of those in a toyota bag the other day(latch for lever) when I was going though my junk in a drawer I had in storage. I bought it back in 92-3 and completely forgot I had it. The funny thing is I tried buying one at the dealer a couple of months ago and they said it was discontinued.

Ohh, yeah, well you'd better send it to me. I need 2, and the pictured one isn't mine!! :D

I'll Ask Eshan if can make us a couple....

With the rolled edges. That would be sweet.

Hmm, a 2003 thread?

By now your PTO winch has been in use a while, Dave?

My wife made a shifter boot similar to the transfercase boot complete with string cincher at the top and I cut a steel electrical switch box cover to hold it down. Looks pretty good as it's like the other short shifter.
The original 1977 rubber floormat had a molded in location for the hole that made locating where to cut pretty easy.

But this is moot and merschlurgled :D

WTF?

My FJ45's PO just took a transfercase shifter boot and beat the bottom to fit the other side, so that is how it came to me!

But the little cover with the hole in it has a dual purpose. Not only does it keep the mud off you ankles, but it holds the shifter in neutral while you are driving, unless you don't want it that way. It could otherwise get engaged with accidental unanticipated concequences.

Because of the other little projects that keep coming up, neither PTO is in place, but one, at least, could be on and going in 10 minutes if I wanted.

IDave said:
But the little cover with the hole in it has a dual purpose. Not only does it keep the mud off you ankles, but it holds the shifter in neutral while you are driving, unless you don't want it that way. It could otherwise get engaged with accidental unanticipated concequences.

Ah! That sounds a good idea. My PTO shifter is away from me, the RHD driver, but even so I can imagine several ways for the thing to get bumped one way or the other. The detent in mine is fairly stiff so there's a definite and firm placement into each of the three possible positions. Even so I think I'll give some thought to that possibility. Maybe tie my wife's feet together or something, and lash them to the lefthand seat bracket. :D

cover a/ pto 58208-90300

Just opened the bag and notice this is a little different than the one you posted
DSC05170.JPG
DSC05169.JPG

Hmm. Interesting. So there are different versions. I understand there was a rubber gasket in the version I pictured. Does this have one?

NO gasket unless it has a different p/n and then possibly it does have one but I don't have one. I will email these pics to Eshan and see what he says. Actually, you could glue a gasket on the backside.....it looks almost identical to yours other then the inside corners have been angled to make it easier to lock in place. Heres the back side.
DSC05175.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom